|“|| Riley, if you're trying to tell me how great your parents are,|
I know. You're very lucky to have them. Not everybody does.
Cory and Topanga are like Maya's second parents. Maya looks up to them and they care for her as if she were their own daughter. Cory is Maya's teacher, as well, which has forged a closer relationship between them. Nevertheless, Topanga is always willing to help Maya and, like Cory, is always there for her. Both Cory and Topanga treat Maya as if she is their other daughter as seen in many episodes.
- In Girl Meets World, after Maya leads the school rebellion against homework, Cory doesn't give her detention and he doesn't end the friendship between her and Riley.
- In Girl Meets Boy, Cory gives Maya a phone in order for her to keep an eye on Lucas and Riley for him.
- In Girl Meets Father, Cory dances with her.
- In Girl Meets Home for the Holidays, they all spend time together and bond.
- In Girl Meets Game Night, they have a "family" game night together.
- In Girl Meets Demolition, Topanga tries to help the girls (and Cory) understand the consequences after they were tricked by the manager of Demolition into overcharging Topanga's credit card.
- In Girl Meets Pluto, Cory teaches the class about history. Afterwards Shawn, Topanga, Cory, Maya and Riley all go to Mr. Feeny's home to dig up a old time capsule that Shawn, Cory and Topanga buried in Feeny's garden.
- In Girl Meets Cory and Topanga, Maya learns about Cory and Topanga's history.
- In Girl Meets Texas (Part 3), when the love triangle is revealed, Cory and Topanga talk to the girls about feelings but the girls assure them that they got things under control.
- In Girl Meets the Forgiveness Project, Cory teaches the girls about forgiveness and he supports Maya after she said she can't forgive her dad. (This was a big episode for Cory and Maya).
- In Girl Meets Belief, Cory teaches Maya to believe in God.
- In Girl Meets Permanent Record Cory and Topanga teach Maya about her main priorities in maturity and growth in high school. Topanga also praises Maya for getting an A+ on her test and says she is her "new daughter".
- In Girl Meets Triangle Topanga is proud of Maya taking her and Cory's advice in becoming her own person with a voice.