|“||I've always looked forward to seeing who the real Maya Hart turns out to be.||”|
|“|| Isadora: How do you know the theory of evolution?|
Maya: Because I failed it. I know it, because I failed it, but he made sure I knew it, because he knew I'd need it someday. He's a great teacher. He's the best there is.
"Cory and Maya" is the father/daughter mentoring relationship of Cory Matthews and Maya Hart. Cory treats Maya like a daughter, making him one of her father-figures. In Girl Meets Boy, he gets her a smartphone and color pencils. He is also her high school history teacher.
- Coya (Co/ry and Ma/ya)
- Mory (M/aya and C/ory)
- Cory talks seriously to Maya alone in the hallway after she started the homework rebellion.
- Cory admitted he didn't want to end Maya and Riley's friendship.
- Maya is there when Cory gives Riley her New York City subway pass.
- Maya can easily write Cory's signature.
- Cory gives Maya a smartphone and colored pencils.
- Cory asks Maya to keep an eye on Riley.
- Maya jumps on Cory to help Riley get into detention.
- Cory tells Maya "Nice work!" after she jumps on him and she replied "Pleasure doin' business with ya"
- Cory listens to Maya when she motioned towards Lucas and Missy and allowed Riley to leave.
- Cory feels bad about giving Maya an F on her paper.
- Cory is disappointed when Maya quits his class.
- Cory says Maya (and Riley) are the two most important girls in his life.
- Cory takes Maya's hand and takes her into the kitchen.
- Cory (and Riley) help Maya go through her paper.
- Cory raises Maya's grade from an F to a C+ to show her how an F can become an A.
- At the dance, Cory offers to dance with Maya during the Father-Daughter dance, before Riley.
- He dances with Maya (and Riley) at the dance.
- Cory compliments Maya on her locket.
- Cory understands why the locket is so valuable to Maya before Riley does.
- Cory does not allow Riley to go to a party Maya is invited to.
- Cory and Maya both laugh and enjoy it when Riley finds out the party is a 'geek party'.
- Cory allows Maya to add her own word to the academic decathalon.
- Cory feels bad for Maya when her mother doesn't show up to Career Day.
- Cory stays and supports Maya at the Middle School Art Show.
- Cory (and Lucas) trick Maya into dancing on Cory's desk.
- Cory calls Maya (Riley, Lucas and Farkle) his children.
- Cory seems to appreciate Maya being there with Riley and Auggie.
- Cory is scared of Maya when she tells him to scram.
- Maya was already there, and he never objected to having her there, proving once again that he sees her as a daughter, not just Riley's friend.
- Cory was hoping that Maya would pick him as her partner.
- Cory was happy when they were partners.
- Cory seems offended when Maya says he's not cool.
- Afterwards Cory didn't mind that Maya Lucas and Farkle all stayed during game night.
- Cory is happy for Maya celebrating her birthday with her mom.
- Cory is willing to go along with Riley to make Maya happy.
- Cory listens to what Maya has to say about Riley and Lucas going on a date.
- Maya agrees to go with Farkle on a date just for Cory.
- They attended the funeral.
- Cory gently asks Maya what's going on.
- Cory bases the class lesson on the art class.
- Cory jokes about how bad Maya's paper is.
- When Maya and Riley 'travel through time' Maya says Cory is "adorable."
- Cory gets upset that Maya is going to figure out the problem.
- Maya says that Cory's usually right about his lessons.
- Maya cries and hugs Cory.
- Cory hugs her back.
- Cory comforts Maya.
- Cory gives Maya advice about making the right decision.
- Maya has a crush on his youngest brother Joshua Matthews
- Cory gave Maya a smartphone in Girl Meets Boy.
- Cory gives Maya color pencils to make something beautiful.
- In STEM, Maya drops the marble "like a dude", using color commentary like Cory Matthews did .
Similarities and differences
- Both care for and love Riley, albeit in different ways.
- Both live in New York.
- Both their names have four letters. (although Cory is short for Cornelius)
- She said Lucas' name repeatedly in Girl Meets The Secret Of Life just like Cory and Shawn do Minkus' name in Killer Bees on Boy Meets World.
- Josh tends to pull the 3-year difference card on her as Eric did to Cory in Brother, Brother on Boy Meets World, although for different intentions.
- Cory is male, while Maya is female.
- Cory has brown eyes, while Maya's are blue.
- Cory has finished school, while Maya has not.
- Cory has brown hair, while Maya has dirty blonde hair.
- Maya is rebellious, while Cory is not.
- Cory is an adult, while Maya is a high school student.
Cory: You go too far! Do you understand me?
Maya: I have no one at home who helps me with my homework.
Maya: You got me a phone?
Cory: My motives are completely selfish.
Maya: (smiling) I don't think they are, Mr. Matthews.
Cory: Well, I also got you these. [pulls out color pencils] Yeah, you let me know everything that's going on with Riley. If something beautiful ever happens, paint me a picture.
| The image gallery for Cory and Maya may be viewed here.