|“||We are Smarkle!||”|
|“||Farkle and I are perfect for each other.||”|
|“|| Isadora: [to Lucas] I just always say those things because I guess I'm a little insecure that Farkle doesn't really, really like me as much as he says, so I guess I'm just trying to protect myself.|
Farkle: You don't have to, Isadora. I like you exactly as much as I say. It's possible I might even like you more than "like you". I don't know, right now that's just a hypothesis. [...]
I think we're a perfect match.
Isadora: You do?
Isadora: Define "I might even like you more than 'like you'."
Farkle: I like you so much that when I'm 16, I'll tell you to go study in Sweden if you really want to.
Isadora: No. I'm going to stupid Princeton with you.
—Isadora and Farkle in Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen
Farkle and Isadora (also known as Smarkle), is the romantic pairing of Farkle Minkus and Isadora Smackle. They shared an intense academic competitive dynamic, representing their rival schools, John Quincy Adams and Einstein Academy, with Isadora being victorious the majority of the time. They considered themselves to be the (scholastic) arch nemesis of the other, but outside of school, they share several common friends. Isadora had developed a crush on Farkle, which Farkle did not reciprocate. But, after Girl Meets Farkle, Farkle started to have feelings towards her. In Girl Meets Texas (Part 3), he told Cory when he thought of her, the only thing he could think of is "Blawalalalalala!". He admits to Cory that looking into her goofy, brown eyes makes him lovestruck.
In Girl Meets the New Year, Farkle and Smackle officially start dating.
- Smarkle (Sm/ackle and F/arkle)
- Farckle (Far/kle and Sma/ckle)
- Fadora (Fa/rkle and Isa/dora)
- Fisadora (F/arkle and Isadora)
- Isarkle (Isa/dora and Fa/rkle)
- Farkle (Far/kle and Smac/kle)
HistoryRiley was well aware of where he lived, Farkle knew he needed an alternate place to hold the party. Selecting Isadora Smackle's home as the optimum choice, Farkle suspected she would agree to his request, but not without conditions. Isadora only made a single simple stipulation: for the entire length of the gathering, Farkle was required to don a shirt bearing the likeness of Albert Einstein, the namesake of her school. For the sake of his plan to finally demonstrate to Riley just how much the two of them were actually alike, Farkle calculated that ceding yet another (albeit minor) victory to Smackle was a price he was willing to pay. However, Smackle would come to regret agreeing to the bargain, as from the moment Farkle announced Riley Matthews as "Female Guest Number One," the other girl became the central focus of the party. Smackle tried to contradict Farkle's assertion, by pointing out that she was a female, (failing to take into account that technically she was acting as the hostess, thus making Farkle correct) but was ignored. Swiftly her friends were enchanted by Riley's wit and charm and within moments, everyone else present were ready to anoint Riley their "Queen." For the rest of the party Smackle could only sit in her own home, suffering in silence, as she was apparently invisible to everyone else, particularly Farkle, and not even allowed to offer any comments or opinion on the matter of her own--denied even the chance to suggest herself as an alternative choice. Later that week, Smackle, representing the Einstein Academy Spelling Bee Team, travels to John Quincy Adams Middle School to vie against a team of her friends, featuring their newly- minted Queen Riley, the Academic Halves, and her arch nemesis, Farkle. After she and Farkle trade their traditional verbal barbs, she waits until her opponent turns his back, before silently mouthing "I love you." She then witnessed Riley's deliberate failure to spell the word "Harajuku," thus rejecting her "Empress Fairy Queen" persona. While Smackle may have envied the attention it garnered, she knew she could never adopt that identity for herself, as it was her own strong sense of self-image which had gotten her through that trying week. But at least now, Isadora Smackle knew she still had time to figure out a method to attract the attention of Farkle Minkus. Svorski's Bakery, and Smackle offers to buy Lucas a smoothie. Maya voices her suspicion that Smackle is using Lucas to make Farkle jealous, a claim the genius neither confirms or denies. However, she does asks Farkle if he would've fallen for Riley and Maya if they weren't attractive. His reply seems to indicate that for all the years he has loved them, he overlooked their appearance.
After their date, Smackle spends a day at John Quincy Adams Middle School observing the structure there. But when Farkle reveals that he doesn't have Asperger's Syndrome, or any other form of autism, Smackle becomes disappointed. Convinced that even with what she feels are mediocre academic standards, that Farkle is better off at JQA than she is, she gives up on her attempt to recruit him, and returns to her own school.
Later on while visiting Riley's bedroom, Smackle is on the verge of accepting her inevitable loneliness, but when she and Maya admit they realize she has Asperger's Syndrome she reveals that this may prevent them from having a relationship with him. The two girls urge her not to let this stand in the way of going out with him. Just then, Farkle barges in demanding a divorce from Riley and Maya, so that he can reveal that he knows that Smackle has Asperger's, and offers to reciprocate the same courtesy and respect that she showed him on the previous date. Farkle gives Smackle a hug, and despite her discomfort with it, urges him not to stop hugging her. The next day, Farkle invites Smackle to meet his friends at Topanga's, all of which assure her that if she attends John Quincy Adams that she'll have friends who support and understand her. Farkle holds Smackle's hands once again.
- Farkle told Mr. Matthews when he thought of her, the only thing he could think of is "Blawalalalalala!".
- He admits to Cory that looking into her goofy, brown eyes makes him lovestruck.
- They are both wearing matching sweaters.
- Farkle's sweater says "I'm with this Genius." with an arrow pointing at Smackle.
- Smackle's sweater says "I'm with that Genius." with an arrow pointing at Farkle.
- Farkle says that he is going to be with Smackle at midnight.
- Farkle says to Lucas that Smackle is his.
- Farkle and Smackle are officially dating.
- Smackle is holding hands with Farkle as they leave the roof.
- Smackle says she is the one Farkle is going to be with at midnight.
- They stare at one another while smiling at the rooftop.
- When Farkle sees the Smackle clones and smiles at them, Smackle gets mad and Farkle says that he thought the clones were her.
- After everyone goes their separate ways, the two can be seen walking in the halls together.
- Farkle and Isadora are both surprised when they aren't known for being the geniuses of the school.
- Isadora says "Right behind you, honey!" and faints after Farkle does when they're overwhelmed by the new geniuses of high school.
- They both feel bad for leaving Maya and Riley.
- Farkle tells Riley that he wants to be just as smart as Smackle to impress her.
- They both explain their definition of nature with the Smarkle corporation.
- Farkle seems jealous when Smackle calls Josh dreamboat.
- Farkle seems upset when Smackle has Lucas "save her" during the hike.
- Farkle and Smackle leave together to avoid the triangle drama.
- Farkle and Smackle both agree that option C is correct during the game of who belongs with who.
- They hug once after they hear the correct answer and Farkle says that since they've had so many great conversations that Smackle trusts him.
- Smackle puts her hand on Farkle's arm when Zay tries to give him a hug.
- Farkle depends on Smackle to distract Evan so he can read the book used in the game.
- After Maya says, "How could you possibly lose?", Smackle gestures to Farkle after she says, "Like this." Meaning she believes Farkle can beat Riley.
- As Farkle presents his side of the debate, she shivers as if his scientific explanation gives her chills.
- Farkle notices this and says "apropos" in a husky voice.
- She responds with "Rawr" (complete with gesture)
- He responds with, "Thank you. Thank you very much" while looking at her all the while.
- After Farkle argues about the other side of the debate, Smackle says, "Is it hot in here? It's hot in here."
- Smackle drags Farkle to health class.
- Farkle and Smackle run into each other in the hallway and walk together to class.
- Smackle asks Farkle if they could be something more than arch nemesis.
- Riley wants Farkle to embrace the two different sides of Christmas based on his religion.
- Smackle tells Farkle that she'll go to Princeton just to be with him.
- Farkle wants him and Smackle to be more than boyfriend and girlfriend in the future.
- Lucas helps Farkle reveal his true feelings to Smackle.
- It's revealed that Farkle is nervous around Smackle since he hid behind the counter during her talk with Lucas.
Similarities and Differences
- They both love school.
- They both are very smart.
- They both go to the same school.
- They both are both in love with each other.
- They're both friends with Riley, Lucas, Zay, & Maya.
- They both attend Abigail Adams High School.
- Farkle is male, but Smackle is female.
- Farkle attended John Quincy Adams Middle School, while Smackle attented Einstein Academy.
- Smackle is referred to by her last name, whereas Farkle is referred to by his first name.
- Smackle requires correctional lenses (glasses), while Farkle does not.
- Farkle has light-medium brown hair, whereas Smackle has dark brown hair.
- Smackle has Asperger's-Syndrome, while Farkle does not.
- Farkle has blue eyes, while Smackle has brown eyes.
Add your username below (in alphabetical order) if you are a Smarkle shipper!
- Enise peace
- Evie hiscock
- Folive Fan
- JoySeph 13
- Leana Wright 2009
- Pandora panda
- R5 & Auslly ROCKS!!!!
- The Horned King
- Their relationship is introduced in Girl Meets Popular.
- This academic rivalry is similar to the one depicted between Topanga Lawrence and Stuart Minkus during their time at Jefferson Elementary during the first season of Boy Meets World.
- In Girl Meets the New Year, the pair are officially together.
- Smackle reveals in Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen, that she flirts with Lucas & other guys,because she feels insecure & thinks that Farkle does not like her as much as she likes him, so she does it to protect herself from hurting.
- Farkle openly admits and says out loud to Smackle that he likes her a lot & would let her go to Sweden to study/move in Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen.
- Their ship name is also said by Cory in Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen.
| The image gallery for Farkle and Isadora may be viewed here.