|“||You've always been Riley. That's your permanent record.||”|
Riley finds out the hard way that getting a bad grade in high school will count toward her permanent record.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- August Maturo as Auggie Matthews
- Corey Fogelmanis as Farkle Minkus
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
- Anahi Bustillos as Señora Feinstein-Chang
- August 16, 2016 (Australia)
- November 13, 2016 (Latin America, Brazil)
Riley: [to Farkle] It has to matter that who we were affects who we are. You chose Smackle because you want to raise your level. That's who you are.
Cory: Good isn't good enough anymore.
Farkle: I used to think of you as my intellectual superior.
Smackle: I did too, but now I see us as equals.
Maya, Riley, Zay and Lucas: Aww!
Farkle: Good, then you're not as smart as I thought.
Lucas: Aww!...I hate it when that happens.
Riley: [about Maya and Zay] Well, I'm happy for you guys.
Maya: Of course you are. You're Riley. You've always been Riley.
Lucas: Riley, we're losers. Do you know what's on our permanent record?
Riley: Glitter and smiley faces if we try try again?
Riley: La papa es un buen barco de vela. (The potato am a good sailboat)
Maya: Esa es mi chica, Roberta! La papa es un buen barco de vela. (That's my girl, Roberta! The potato am a good sailboat)
Riley: SIT DOWN.
Cory: Good teachers look down the road to someone's possibilities. What you know now is never good enough for a good teacher. Because there's so much out there to learn. And sometimes you won't get it at all, and sometimes it may seem like we're speaking to you in a foreign language, but you know what? There are good teachers here, and I'm looking forward to being one of them.
- First appearance of Señora Feinstein-Chang.
- Riley's wearing her 'D' is an allusion to Hester Prynne from The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- Riley's name in Spanish class is "Roberta."
- Riley mistakenly believes "Chewbacca" is a Spanish verb, and mimics the Wookiee howl.
- Maya lives in a Hispanic neighborhood, and has picked up an understanding of Spanish over the years.
- Smackle suggests a quadrilateral exists between Zay, Lucas, Farkle, and herself.
- Despite their promise to Thor, Lucas and Zay fail to make the football team.
- Zay is a good baseball player.
- We find out that Farkle is dating Smackle in order to raise his level. (Said/Understood in the Riley and Farkle conversation in Riley's room, on the floor near the end.)
| The image gallery for Girl Meets Permanent Record may be viewed here.
| To view the Girl Meets Permanent Record transcript, click here.