|“||We should have our Sweet Sixteen now!||”|
|“||Happy Sweet Sixteen, everybody. Your assignment is to tell me what's gonna happen next.||”|
—Cory to his class
Riley’s 16th birthday approaching, the kids contemplate the future and how rapidly their relationships will change in a few short years.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- August Maturo as Auggie Matthews
- Corey Fogelmanis as Farkle Minkus
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
Riley: Maya? What if we don't care about our boyfriends as much as we care about each other?
Maya: No, we'll just care for them in a different way.
Riley: What different way?
Isadora: How do you know the theory of evolution?
Maya: Because I failed it. I know it, because I failed it, but he made sure I knew it, because he knew I'd need it someday. He's a great teacher. He's the best there is.
Lucas: [sitting next to Isadora] Hi.
Isadora: Hello. There are lots of empty seats around, and yet you are sitting very close.
Lucas: Oh. Does that bother you?
Isadora: Well, as you know, I don't like to be sat right next to except for Farkle.
Lucas: You have very nice eyes.
Isadora: Okay. They formed in utero, starting with my optic nerves and then my retinas.
Lucas: So it's okay with you if I just stay right here, right?
Isadora: Well, you know, Farkle's not here and you're invading my personal space like a Hun.
Lucas: If Farkle was here, you would be making a joke like I was hitting on you.
Lucas: And now, here we are. Finally alone. And there is something I want to admit to you.
Isadora: You're hot for my mind?
Isadora: You mean you only see me as a steaming cauldron of woman?
Isadora: Lucas Friar, my heart belongs to someone else.
Lucas: Say it louder.
Isadora: Must I torture you?
Lucas: Would you please?
Isadora: I just always say those things because I guess I'm a little insecure that Farkle doesn't really, really like me as much as he says, so I guess I'm just trying to protect myself.
Farkle: You don't have to, Isadora. I like you exactly as much as I say. It's possible I might even like you more than "like you". I don't know, right now that's just a hypothesis.
Farkle: I think we're a perfect match.
Isadora: You do?
Isadora: Define "I might even like you more than 'like you.'"
Farkle: I like you so much that when I'm 16, I'll tell you to go study in Sweden if you really want to.
Isadora: No. I'm going to stupid Princeton with you.
Cory: So, I'm guessing you've managed to remain friends.
Zay: That'll never change.
Lucas: I used to have a little red wagon.
Zay: You used to pull me around in it.
Lucas: Hey, if things ever do go bad...
Zay: I'll be there.
- This was the fourth episode directed by Danielle Fishel.
- Cloris Leachman attended the taping.
- It was the penultimate episode of the season and series.
- This was the first part of the two part series finale, followed by Girl Meets Goodbye.
- Topanga is offered a full partnership in Brown, Elliot, and Montgomery, and the chance to head the London branch of the firm.
- Smackle expects that she and Farkle will have cured the common cold by the time they have become Juniors
| The image gallery for Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen may be viewed here.
| To view the Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen transcript, click here.