|“||There is good, and there is evil. I've found that if you choose good, the world is more than willing to help you out.||”|
—Cory to his class
Girl Meets the Real World (formerly known as Girl Meets Sassy Haltertop) is the eleventh episode in season 3 of Girl Meets World and the 62nd episode overall. It aired on August 19, 2016 to 1.6 million viewers.
Riley has trouble with her debate assignment when she must argue if people are naturally good or evil.
- Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart
- Peyton Meyer as Lucas Friar
- August Maturo as Auggie Matthews
- Corey Fogelmanis as Farkle Minkus
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
- Amir Mitchell-Townes as Zay Babineaux
- Cecilia Balagot as Isadora Smackle
- Justin Dray as Two Shoes Louie
[after everyone comes through the window]
Isadora: Came in through the front door, 'cause I'm wearing a skirt. Didn't know it was window day.
- The working title was "Girl Meets the Other Side".
- There is a similarly titled episode in the original Boy Meets World ("Boy Meets Real World"), in which Cory, Topanga and Shawn also find themselves on opposite sides of an argument.
- The concept of the "Riley Committee" is mentioned from Girl Meets Pluto, and it is revealed Farkle allows Maya to charge him dues for being on it.
- Riley's bad influence is called "Sassy Haltertop," Maya states hers is "Stabby McGee."
- Sarah and Darby can be seen at Topanga's when Riley eats Zay's cookie, in Girl Meets Hollyworld, it would be revealed that Sarah utilized the scene in her screenplay.
- This is the first episode since Disney Channel Canada's inauguration to not premiere at the same time of its U.S. counterpart (with the exception of "Girl Meets Farkle", which was released earlier in Canada for the debut of the Canadian channel).
- The actor that played Two Shoes Louie, Justin Dray, is familiar to Disney Channel viewers for previously playing Kenneth Kreen, the critic that nearly destroyed Austin Moon's career in the Austin & Ally episode "Critics & Confidence."
- When Farkle said, "Thank you. Thank you very much", it was a reference to Elvis Presley, since he used to say that many times at the end of his concerts. Farkle also did a similar tone of voice like Elvis when he said this.
- This is Darby's last appearance.
- September 9, 2016 (Canada)
- April 13, 2017 (Latin America, Brazil)
| The image gallery for Girl Meets the Real World may be viewed here.
| To view the Girl Meets the Real World transcript, click here.