|“||I don't believe in coincidence. I believe coincidence is the universe's way of telling you something. And what are the odds that one day on the subway Riley falls into my lap? It's always been Riley. It's always been Riley since day one.||”|
|“|| Lucas I choose you, Riley. And I really want you to choose me.|
Riley: I do. I always did.
|“|| Lucas: No matter whatever happens to me in my whole life, you will always be my first girlfriend. Years from now, whenever anybody asks me, "Who was your first girlfriend?", I will always answer "Riley Matthews".|
RIley: And I will always answer "Lucas Friar". I hope that you get to be a veterinarian someday.
Lucas: And I hope that wherever you are, you get to keep being Riley.
—Lucas and Riley in Girl Meets Goodbye
The two are very close friends and both share similar traits of caring and standing up for others. The moment Lucas and Riley share a smile on the subway, Riley is immediately smitten and develops a crush on him. However, as their relationship develops, her original small, shallow crush on Lucas, turns into a strong, and real relationship. Her feelings for him continue to remain the same throughout subsequent episodes (although some episodes focus less on their relationship than others). For Lucas, it has been evident that he does return the feelings, but he is not as expressive as Riley is. As of Girl Meets Ski Lodge (Part 2) the two start dating.
Lucas and Riley went on their first date and shared their first kiss in the episode Girl Meets First Date. In Girl Meets the New World, their relationship is discussed, and they do date, however this was due to peer pressure, which leads to them breaking up. They decide to remain close friends but nevertheless, their mutual strong feelings for each other remains the same as always.
In Girl Meets Texas (Part 1), after Riley discovers Maya has feelings for Lucas, she begins to realize her "true" feelings for him, and calls him her brother. Lucas states that Riley is very important to him and that he might not have survived in N.Y.C. without her but after she states her "true" feelings for him he is shown to be a little confused.
In Girl Meets Texas (Part 2) he asks Riley at the campfire "what are we" after she says she told what they were he says "what if that's not what i think we are". These two moments make it clear about Lucas's strong feelings towards Riley and shows that he does in fact still has strong feelings for Riley. However, after confiding with Farkle in Girl Meets Texas (Part 3), Riley admits that she pretending to look at Lucas as a brother rather than as a boyfriend, out of loyalty to Maya, who likes Lucas.
In Girl Meets the New Year, Lucas gets upset when he thinks Riley hasn't invited him to her party. She assures him that everyone is invited and that she only thought about the party a few seconds ago (it was said that Charlie told Lucas about the party after Charlie was listening to Maya and Riley's conversation). During the party Charlie brings out the Couples Game to which Riley and Lucas doesn't want to play at first but after Charlie edges Lucas to play, he accepts. Lucas and Riley get questions relating to their current situation. Lucas' question was " How would you describe your personality?: library? (Lucas and Riley) or campfire? (Lucas and Maya). Riley's question was "Have ever kept secret from someone you loved?". They both don't answer their questions and with Riley's question she ends the game. On the roof and after ending things between her and Charlie, Riley witnesses the conversation between Lucas and Maya. She then just gets up and is about to leave the roof however Farkle reveals her secret. After everything and everyone has left, the episode ends with a cliffhanger of sorts for Girl Meets Legacy. It ends with the three of them sitting on a bench with things between them being left unclear and awkward.
In Girl Meets High School (Part 1), Lucas and Riley start dating since he can't decide between her or Maya. Therefore, he begins dating Maya at the same time.
Then in Girl Meets Ski Lodge (Part 2), Lucas asks Riley and gives her a jelly bean whilst saying, "I choose you, Riley. And I really want you to choose me". Riley takes the bean out of Lucas' hand, and says, "I do. I always did". The two get together.
- While taking her first ride on the subway, Riley meets Lucas for the first time.
- Riley is immediately smitten with Lucas when they share a smile.
- When Maya pushed Riley onto his lap, he stuck his hand out to catch her. Riley pleaded with Evelyn Rand (an older woman who was guilting Riley to give up the seat) so she could continue talking to him, but ultimately she returned to stand back by Maya.
- Shortly thereafter, Maya again caused Riley to fall backwards, this time ending up in the older woman's lap. Evelyn placed her in Lucas's lap, and he held her knee, allowing Riley to remain.
- Upon noticing that they are in the same class, Riley gazes at him lovingly until her head is turned back towards the front of the classroom.
- Later that day, Lucas sits beside Riley at lunch until they are interrupted by her father Cory (who senses his daughter's crush on him and becomes protective) who pulls Lucas away.
- Lucas waves goodbye at Riley while smiling sadly, and Riley does the same.
- The next day in class, when Lucas sits behind Riley again.
- Riley turns around, and smiles at him, telling him she's glad he's back.
- Lucas smiles, telling her he's glad to be back too. However, they are once again interrupted by Cory, who warns Lucas that he's watching him.
- After Maya accidentally sets off a fire sprinkler in the classroom, Lucas covers both himself and Riley under his jacket to protect them from the water.
- Lucas shows how disappointed he is in her by saying that she is better than not stepping up to stop Maya.
- They were texting each other in the beginning of the episode.
- They get their phones get taken away, which eventually brings Lucas and Riley closer together.
- Riley and Lucas were both smiling when they were texting.
- Riley was too nervous to actually go up to Lucas and talk to him.
- When Maya made fun of Lucas, Riley said "Maya..." indicating that she should stop.
- Both Lucas and Riley smiled at Maya, claiming that she's a mocking bird.
- Lucas immediately volunteers to be Riley's partner for the assignment.
- Riley gave a 2 thumbs up to Lucas.
- She also gave him a smiley face.
- Lucas smiled at Riley when she was holding 2 thumbs up and a smile.
- When Farkle beeped, Riley said that she would be ready in a minute. But when Lucas beeped, she instantly she was now ready.
- They went to the library together with Maya and Farkle.
- They were beside each other while standing behind Maya and Farkle.
- They, along with Maya and Farkle, were startled when the librarian shushed them.
- After Maya dragged Farkle away from talking to the librarian, Lucas and Riley awkwardly stood next to each other, not knowing what to say.
- Riley and Lucas gazed at one another when Maya reads "Not until we put down our phones, switch off our computers and look in each others eyes, will we be able to touch each others hearts."
- The librarian shushed Riley and Lucas because she believed they were being hopeless at interacting.
- When Riley walked up to Lucas and said, "Hi," he smiled and greeted her back.
- Lucas told Riley what he missed most about Texas.
- They chatted about the pets they've had.
- After Riley guessed correctly on a western term, Lucas smiled and said, "Not too bad city girl."
- Riley told Lucas to keep continue on with his story.
- Lucas told Riley that he thinks someday he might want to be a veterinarian.
- He's never shared his veterinarian secret with anyone before.
- They kept smiling at each other.
- Lucas and Riley demonstrated how you can connect with your friends without your phone.
- They turned to each other and said, "Hi."
- Cory was worried about Riley and her relationship with Lucas.
- Riley was upset when she saw Lucas and Missy together.
- Riley disliked the fact that there were other girls who got to talk to Lucas.
- Riley was sad all during class.
- Through the classroom window, Riley kept watching Lucas and Missy.
- Lucas seemed to brush Missy off when she talked about scary movies.
- Riley immediately ran into the classroom when Missy tapped Lucas's nose.
- Riley tried to "boop" Lucas's nose.
- Lucas kept smiling at Riley, even though she accidentally stuck her finger into his nose.
- Riley hid herself in a locker because of what she did to Lucas.
- Riley said that she lived in the locker, because Missy thinks that Lucas is into her.
- During lunch, Riley asked Maya if she thinks that Lucas will sit with them.
- When Lucas asked Riley, Maya and Lucas if he could sit with them, Riley said that there's always room for him.
- Lucas sat next to Riley.
- Lucas seemed to be bothered by Missy when she pulled him away from Riley, Maya and Farkle's table.
- Riley didn't want Lucas and Missy together.
- When Riley walked up to Lucas and Missy, Lucas immediately acknowledged her.
- When Riley told Lucas that she didn't want him to be alone with Missy Lucas smiled as if he wanted her to say that she liked him.
- Lucas was upset when he was put into detention with Missy.
- When Lucas saw Riley and Maya in detention, he looked as if relieved and happy that Riley didn't want him to be alone with Missy.
- Lucas smiled at Riley as she greeted Missy.
- Lucas kept glancing at Riley.
- Lucas invited Riley, Maya and Farkle to come with them to the movies.
- Lucas kept most of his attention on Riley as he was talking.
- When Missy left Lucas and Riley were staring at one another.
- Riley told Lucas that the easiest thing about having friends is trusting them.
- They kept smiling at each other.
- They stayed in the classroom with Maya and Farkle even after Cory left.
- Lucas greeted Riley and Maya.
- Riley walked up to Lucas and said, "Lucas, hello."
- Lucas said, "Hey," to Riley while smiling.
- Riley asked Lucas if he was going to the school dance.
- Lucas replied with, "thought I would, you?"
- Lucas is a lot sweeter when he talks to Riley than to Maya.
- Maya told them that they were both going to be there.
- While Maya began to mock Lucas, the bell rang and Lucas turned to each other, both of them losing their attention on Maya dancing.
- Lucas asked Riley if she was going to class.
- They smiled at each other and walked away from Maya.
- At the school dance, they share a slow dance.
- They told each other they are good dancers.
- They play Romeo and Juliet in the school play, and right before Romeo (Lucas) kisses Juliet (Riley), Farkle interrupts and ruins both the play, and Lucas's moment.
- After Riley finds and apologizes to Farkle, and he gives Riley her first kiss (on the chin), Maya says "Now every time someone asks you, 'Hey Riley who was your first kiss?' You'll have to say..." Lucas interrupts by saying the lines where Farkle ruined the play.
- Riley seems excited at the prospect of another chance to kiss Lucas.
- Lucas continues until right before the kiss when Riley interrupts, saying, "hi."
- Lucas explains that he heard everything and that he thinks Farkle stole his moment twice, which indicates that he likely returns Riley's feelings.
- In art class, Riley wants to draw Lucas instead of Farkle.
- Riley didn't refuse when Maya told her to draw Lucas.
- Riley drew a fruit bowl with Lucas's face drawn onto the fruits.
- Riley says "bonjour" to Lucas, to which he replies the same, continuing with "peut-être un jour moi et vous serez Paris à ensemble", which means, "maybe, one day, me and you will be in Paris together", implying he does like her.
- Riley doesn't understand what this means, so she simply repeats "bonjour".
- Riley discourages Lucas from taking the risk of the 2nd present from her father but he opens it to fool Maya with Mr. Matthews' plan.
- Lucas compares Riley (& Maya) to the only place other than debate where you can see good and bad together.
- When Smackle is using Lucas to make Farkle jealous, she appears to make Riley jealous when she asks him for a smoothie. Riley replies with "Whoa, Whoa, back off sister!", after Lucas looks at her.
- Riley and Lucas sat next to each other at Svorski's and smile at each other a few times.
- Riley's great grandmother seem to take an interest in Lucas's great grandfather when they first met.
- Lucas and Riley were doing their presentations together.
- When Riley was talking about her great grandmother on how she was weird and only saw the best in people and when she said, "Who's like that?" Lucas smiles at her.
- Riley and Lucas were both surprise when they found out their great grandparents went to Cafe Hey on the same day and year.
- They competed against each other.
- Lucas gently fires Riley.
- Riley seems to be upset when Lucas fires her.
- Lucas goes straight to Riley to ask her if he can be in the 'Matthew and Hart's Umbrella Foundation'.
- Lucas tries to charm Riley so he join the umbrella business.
- Riley said Lucas is "as sweet as sugar."
- Lucas smiled when Riley called him as sweet as sugar.
- Lucas wasn't upset when he was fired by Riley.
- Riley pretended not to know how to use the softball glove just to get Lucas’s attention.
- Lucas immediately helped her right away and then smiled at her.
- Riley sweetly thanked Lucas.
- Riley slapped Lucas's butt and he was confused.
- Lucas, along with Farkle, visited Maya's house, where they talked to Riley and Maya.
- Lucas asked Riley why was she was afraid of Maya's neighborhood.
- Riley seemed excited to see Lucas.
- Riley was scared by Lucas and Farkle's masks.
- When Maya told Riley she tickles her toes to wake her up, Riley said, "Well that explains the Lucas dream."
- They (along with Maya) tried to find Farkle.
- Riley and Lucas (and Maya) all wanted to help out Farkle.
- Lucas and Maya joined Riley seeing Farkle in the janitor's room.
- Lucas was in Riley's room for the first time.
- Riley look a bit shy and nervous that Lucas was in her room.
- They sat next to each other in Riley's room.
- Lucas smiled and asked (Riley) and Maya "Do you ever talk about me in here?"
- Lucas told Riley he appreciated her having him there.
- Riley was nervous when he asked her that, making her restart the conversation but he asked her the same question, and she quickly changes the subject.
- When Cory chased Lucas out the window and grabbed his shoe, Riley took the shoe from Cory and held on to it.
- Riley, and Maya approached Lucas during gym class.
- Riley and Maya looked a bit surprised when Lucas pushed Billy against the wall.
- Both Riley and Lucas said the same line, "This isn't the [...] I know. And I want to know why. And I want to know now." to Farkle and Billy.
- Lucas defended Riley and Maya against Billy.
- Lucas watched Riley and Maya walk out of the gym.
- They wore their flaws on their forehead, along with everyone else in the class.
- Lucas, Riley, Maya and Farkle all won awards.
- Riley thought it was sweet that Lucas still misses his friends back home.
- Riley nominated Lucas for president.
- Lucas then looks at Riley and smile at her and thanks her, later running for president.
- Riley didn't want Maya to find dirt on Lucas.When Maya wanted to used that phone call with Lucas and his dad against him, Riley didn't want to do it because she doesn't want to hurt Lucas.
- Riley asks Lucas by the end of the episode, "What am I to you?"
- Lucas smiles in response and says, "What are you to me?"
- Lucas whistles and the horse comes in. He jumps on the horse and helps Riley on.
- Lucas puts the tiara on her head and said, "To me, you're a princess".They both smile at each other.
- Riley said, "Look at us." She then leans her head on Lucas's back and wraps her arms around his waist.
- Lucas smiled to himself when Riley wrapped her arms around his waist.
- They both rode the horse out of the gym.
- Lucas smiled at Riley and thanked her after seeing the video from his best friends.
- Riley seemed upset and concerned after Lucas talked to his dad on the phone.
- Lucas smiled when Riley and him were on the horse as seen in the picture above.
Riley is Lucas's princess now and forever
- Riley rushed to the door when Lucas said he was there. (With Farkle)
- Lucas smiled at Riley when she opened the door.
- Riley welcomed Lucas (and Farkle) to Family Game Night.
- Lucas and Riley glanced at each other as Farkle went inside.
- Both Lucas and Riley participated in reenacting the American Revolution.
- Riley leaned into Lucas.
- Lucas smirked at her.
- Riley said to Lucas, "Lookin' good Georgie Washington."
- Lucas said "John, your embarrassing me!"
- Lucas and Riley were originally partners.
- Lucas and Riley sat together on the couch.
- Lucas told Cory that Riley was his (and Farkle's.)
- Riley smiled excitedly and told Cory to let Lucas talk.
- Lucas said, "we get your daughter."
- Lucas and Farkle were on the same team, but Lucas was the one who fought for Riley.
- Riley suggested that Lucas (and Farkle) should come backpacking with her and Maya in Europe.
- Lucas took the flag from Riley.
- Riley invited Lucas (and Farkle) to Family Game Night.
- Lucas smiled at Riley and said, "sure, thanks. I'd love that."
- Riley insists that she wants to spend time with Lucas. (Farkle, Maya)
- They both played key parts in the Master Plan.
- When Cory talked about the distraction, Topanga answered first, then Lucas came along (hinting that he is the 'Topanga').
- When Lucas was assigned as 'The Face,' he asked Riley, "that's how you think of me?"
- Riley smiled and said, "a lot of the time, yeah."
- Lucas was fine with Riley thinking of him that way.
- Maya told Lucas, Riley and Farkle to go to the window.
- Lucas and Riley (and Farkle) put their hands on their chest and said, "us?"
- Riley relied on Lucas to tie Maya up.
- Riley screamed, "run for the hills!" while she and Lucas, along with Farkle, all run away from Maya.
- Lucas and Riley stare at one another in the hallway.
- Cory sees them staring at each other, carries Riley into the classroom before Lucas can approach her.
- When Riley said, "I will decided who I go on my first date with as such time as somebody asks me," Lucas then raised his hand.
- When Maya asks Lucas out Riley is upset.
- Riley said Lucas was "a'ight" when Maya asked her if she thinks he's cute.
- Maya knew Riley wanted Lucas to ask her out.
- Riley had an eight year plan for her and Lucas in he future.
- Lucas asked for Cory's blessing to ask her out.
- Cory kept on trying to prevent Lucas from asking out Riley.
- Riley says hi to Lucas when she sees him at the door.
- Riley is upset when her dad smashes the door in Lucas's face.
- Maya asked out Lucas in order to push Lucas and Riley together.
- Lucas smiled at Riley when Josh pushed her towards him.
- When Lucas asks Riley out, she grins, and exclaims "yay!"
- Riley is very excited to go on a date with Lucas.
- As Lucas is talking to Farkle, when Riley and Maya show up, he stops and stares at Riley.
- Lucas is impressed when he sees Riley in the subway.
- Lucas says to Riley, "Even though this just happened, there are some moments you know you're going to remember forever. This is one of them."
- They sat next to each other on the subway.
- Both Riley and Lucas are concerned for Maya.
- When Lucas sees Riley's concerned, he tells her to go to Maya.
- Lucas nudges Riley when he sees Josh.
- Lucas tells Riley he had a good time.
- Riley tells Lucas that she is glad he was her first date.
- Riley reenacts their first encounter when she falls into his lap.
- Lucas smiles, and reenacts the situation from when they first met with her.
- Riley says to Lucas, "You know those moments, that we were talking about, that we're going to remember forever?"
- Riley holds onto Lucas' face.
- Riley kisses Lucas, making it the first time the two of them kiss each other and the first time she initiates a kiss.
- Lucas smiled at Riley after she kisses him.
- Lucas and Riley kept smiling at each other.
- Riley and Lucas went on their first date.
- Riley shared what her date felt like by saying, "Mine was like when it's summer, and then the breeze comes up, and then it rains for like two seconds, and then everything glows and there's a rainbow."
- Riley said it was a magical night.
- Lucas and Riley both say hey back and forth when they approach each other.
- Riley asks Lucas about his opinion on her father/teacher Cory.
- Maya wants Riley to talk about the kiss.
- Life stopped because Riley and Lucas never discussed their relationship.
- As Cory was talking, only Lucas and Riley were writing something.When Cory said, "traveled to a new land of new feelings and new opportunities," both Riley and Lucas looked up.
- They glanced at each other nervously.
- Riley whispered, "Lucas, what did you tell him?" and Lucas responded with, "nothing, I am also uncomfortable."
- Farkle and Maya teamed up against Lucas and Riley.
- Farkle teased Lucas and Riley.
- Maya also made Lucas and Riley nervous.
- After Farkle and Maya talked about Farkle kissing Maya's hand, Riley and Lucas were both freaked, too afraid to tell Cory anything.When Maya talks about kissing the shores Riley says eep.
- When Farkle talks about grabbing the new world in both hands while closing yours eyes Riley looks at Lucas.
- Riley stared at Lucas in embarrassment after reading her health book by accident.
- Lucas ran away when Cory walked up and stared at him.
- All the female classmates bothered Riley, and all the male classmates pestered Lucas.
- Darby told Riley she and Lucas belong together.
- Lucas and Riley admitted to not act/give into peer pressure.Everyone was rooting for Lucas and Riley to be together.
- Riley asked Lucas, "what are we?" and responded with, "are we...boyfriend and girlfriend?"
- Darby said Lucas and Riley are adorable.
- All of the classmates surrounded Lucas and Riley as they sat next to each other.
- Sarah and Darby told Riley and Lucas what to do.
- Lucas told everyone that they don't tell them what to do, and Riley agreed.
- They go on their second date.
- They smile at each other all "stupid like". (as Darby informed them).
- They ordered one smoothie with two straws.
- They were awkward with each other and had nothing to say, upsetting them both.
- Riley revealed that Lucas is one of her favorite people to talk to, and Lucas smiled at this.
- Lucas and Riley talked about Topanga's.
- Lucas didn't understand why it was hard for them to talk all of a sudden.
- Riley said she and Lucas were boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Riley told Maya, "relationships are supposed to be about two people who make the choice to come together by themselves," and Lucas added, "of their own free will, at the right point of time."
- Lucas offers to walk Riley home.
- Riley initially objected but then gave in.
- They held each other's hands.
- All of their classmates were sitting outside, and said, "oooh" to them.
- Lucas and Riley walk into the apartment, still holding hands. This could mean that they held hands the entire walk to her house.
- Lucas tells Riley he really likes her.
- They both look sad when letting go of each others hands.
- They break up with each other, because they are not ready to be a couple and "the wrong kind of pressure turns you to dust".
- They decided to be friends because it made it easier for them to talk.
- They hung out together alone after they broke up.
- When Riley says she knows something about basketball, they kept saying "yeah" to each other.
- Lucas is shocked by how much Riley knows about basketball, namely the New York Knicks.
- Lucas stares at Riley with a dumbfounded expression after she rants about the New York Knicks.
- Lucas tells Riley he really likes her for the second time.
- Riley and Lucas smile at each other.
- They walk into the hall together.
- Lucas looks at Riley when she catches the bouquet.
- Riley looks at the bouquet nervously and Lucas smirks at her.
- Riley laughs, hands the bouquet to Darby, and walks away with Lucas.
- Riley questioned Lucas if he knew Zay.
- When Lucas said that he had to leave Texas, he nervously looked at Riley.
- Riley asked Lucas, "Do I know you?"
- Lucas stares at Riley unsurely.
- Lucas sat next to Riley in the cafeteria.
- Riley wanted Lucas to deny Zay.
- Riley asked him, "Do you think it's right to let me like you without telling me who you are?"
- Riley is upset with Lucas not telling her his past.
- Lucas told Riley she already knows who he is.
- Lucas reminds Riley of how they rode on a white horse, and how he asked her father permission to date her.
- They argued with each other.
- Riley reminds Lucas of how friends talk and real friends listen. She also explains to him that she would've listened if he told her his secret.
- Riley wanted Lucas to trust her.
- They had a verbal sparring battle in class.
- Lucas said in an impressed tone, "Ooh, she(Riley) took us both out."
- Riley was annoyed with the fact that she had to wash a car with Lucas.
- Riley refused to wash the car with Lucas.
- Farkle forced Lucas and Riley to wash the car together.
- Lucas asked Riley for some water.
- Riley sprayed Lucas with the hose.
- Riley demanded Lucas to tell her what he did.
- Lucas tricked Riley into giving him the hose, and he sprayed her back.
- Riley tricks Lucas back by saying she lost her contact lens.
- He apologizes, then realizes that she doesn't wear contacts.
- Riley poured a bucket filled with water and soap onto Lucas' head.
- Riley says to Lucas that it's a big deal how he's the first boy she's liked, and she asks him if he's worth it.
- Farkle got mad at Lucas and Riley.
- Lucas and Riley smiled at each other, and carried Farkle together, to dry off the car.
- They were both thinking the same thing.
- They had their first fight.
- Lucas smiled at Farkle's summary of his and Riley's incident.
- Lucas glanced at Riley when everyone was smiling.
- Lucas gets mad at Riley for pushing too far and not trusting him, which upsets her.
- Riley continued to ask about Lucas' secret.
- Riley says to Lucas that she doesn't want him to be different than what she thinks, because she thinks a lot of him.
- When Lucas says, "I came here," Riley smiles.
- As Lucas starts to raise his voice, Riley looks at him nervously.
- When Lucas yells at Riley, she looks down sadly.
- Lucas sees Riley's response to his outburst, and looks down. Then, he apologizes, "I'm sorry I got mad. I'm working on it, okay?"
- Although Maya looks impressed with Lucas' threat, Riley is in denial about Lucas's layers of personality, seeing how Lucas was standing up for Zay, and says, "he's going to be a veterinarian."
- Lucas seemed embarrassed when he told Riley that he rode a sheep when he was little.
- Lucas smiled at Riley a couple times.
- Riley laughed at Lucas, which upset him.
- He singled her out when they were all laughing at him.
- Riley seemed slightly ashamed that she had laughed at Lucas.
- Riley takes Lucas's side and calls Maya short.
- Riley believes that Lucas is being more reasonable than Maya.
- Lucas agrees with everyone that Riley is a klutz, but Riley wasn't hurt when he agreed.
- Lucas smiled at Riley during class before turning back to the front of the room
- Riley is upset that Lucas doesn't side with her against Mayaville.
- Riley doesn't mind Lucas and her other classmates kidnapping her.
- Riley wipes the paint off of Lucas's face.
- Riley approaches Lucas last with a slightly amused expression on her face.
- Lucas smiles at Riley when she asks to be called a princess.
- Lucas says thank you to Riley.
- Lucas asks Riley if she'd call him Mad Dog, since Maya wouldn't.
- Lucas is staring at Riley while she explains her interpretation of the comic.
- Lucas tells Riley he's more of a dog person when she says 'the cats out of the bag'.
- Riley smiles and says 'aw me too'.
- Lucas smiles back at her.
- Riley gets mad at Lucas for running the bases.
- Lucas looks really guilty and ashamed when he has to confess to Riley.
- Lucas (along with Maya) says "aw" when Riley says she has a dark side.
- He prefers Riley as herself.
- Lucas doesn't like the new Riley and her dark personality.
- He was about to sit down in defeat after seeing that Farkle was still "Donne Barnes", but then Riley walked in and he stopped in his tracks.
- Lucas looked her up and down and said, "What the-" when he saw Riley.
- Lucas calls Riley a ray of sunshine.
- When Maya (dressed like Riley) says "hey" to Lucas in a Riley voice he response saying "hey" in a in cute, nervous way most likely aimed at Riley's way of speaking which Maya was portraying.
- Charlie Gardner asks Riley to the dance, and Riley has to choose between Lucas and Charlie.
- Riley wonders 5-10 months in advance if Lucas will ask her to the Semi-Formal.
- Riley's notebook has the words Riley and Lucas forever on the front on the back it says Riley and Lucas we're just friends, showing she doesn't want to be "just friends."
- Riley interrupts the class to bring up the dance to Lucas.
- Riley is unsure to say yes to Charlie when she is expecting Lucas to ask.
- Riley is expecting Lucas to ask her last minute.
- Lucas assumed that him and Riley were initially going together.
- Lucas looks wounded/jealous when he finds out Riley showed Charlie her notebook, to which she responded with "It was only one time."
- Lucas dances with Riley and she asks why he didn't ask if their relationship is unknown.
- Riley says hi to Lucas when dancing with Charlie and Lucas said hi in response.
- Zay said Lucas also called Riley "The Pretty Brunette Who Never Gives Up On Anyone And No Sacrifice Is Too Big For Her Friends". This is the longest title that Lucas gave out of the four of them.
- Lucas suggest Riley should also marry Farkle for the money and helps Farkle propose.
- Riley immediately stares at Lucas when he gets down on his knees.
- Riley replies "yes" and "absolutely" after she thinks that Lucas is going to "marry" her.
- After Lucas says it's Farkle, Riley asks if he'll be at the wedding.
- Lucas (along with Farkle) smiles at Riley after she says she'll become a bunny farmer.
- Farkle has to tie down Lucas knowing that he would get very upset/angry when he finds out what's happening with Riley.
- Lucas is very angry when he hears that someone is bullying Riley.
- Lucas then forcefully breaks out of the piece of the table that he was tied down to in order to go see Riley.
- Lucas then easily breaks the "barrier" that Riley and Maya put up in order to keep him out.
- Lucas thinks that Riley shouldn't have to fight her battles alone and thinks it's unfair that she doesn't go to anyone when she has a problem but is the first person to help her friends when they have a problem.
- Lucas understands what Cory says about fighting but still offers Riley that if she wants him to he will "take care" of whoever is bullying her.
- Lucas smiles at her throughout her whole conversation with the bully.
- Lucas smiles when he asked "How can somebody not love this?" after Riley told the gang her secret of her "Riley awards."
- Lucas was upset when Riley got injured during cheerleading.
- Lucas smiles at Riley when Zay tells her what cheerleading means at Texas. (Cheerleading means true love)
- Lucas is the second person to ring the bell in order for Riley to stop cheerleading.
- Lucas supports Riley by saying that she should do what she loves to Maya.
- Lucas (along with Maya, Farkle, and Zay) comes to support Riley during cheerleading.
- Lucas says he wants to see Riley in action.
- Riley is the most upset when Lucas rings her bell.
- Lucas looks at Riley up and down in her cowgirl outfit.
- Lucas says that Riley also looks good in her outfit.
- When Riley was about to go after Maya, Lucas stops her and asks her to stay and watch him ride the bull to which she agrees.
- Riley has confidence in Lucas riding the bull.
- Riley tells Lucas that she believes in him and that he can do anything he puts his mind too.
- Riley says "Be the hero I know you are," to which Lucas replies "Thank you Riley."
- Riley tells Lucas to let Tombstone know that he wants to become a veterinarian.
- Riley was the first person to run to Lucas after he falls off the bull.
- Riley tells Maya that she does in fact love Lucas as a brother, when she realizes Maya likes him.
- Riley tells Lucas that when they dated, they couldn't even talk to each other, and that she likes to be able to talk to him. She then tells him that he is her brother, and she is his sister, and says she loves him as a brother.
- She kissed his cheek.
- Lucas looks confused and sad when Riley tells him that she likes him as a brother.
- Lucas tells Riley that she is important to him and that he might not have survived in New York without her.
- Riley was upset when telling Lucas how she feels. This hints that she is lying about her feelings as seeing Lucas like a brother.
- When Riley asks Lucas to dance he excitedly got up to go dance with her.
- Lucas is still confused and irritated about Riley calling their relationship a brother and sister one.
- Lucas stops dancing and looks disappointed again when Riley says she thinks its better for them to have a brother and sister relationship.
- Lucas and Riley look at one another during the performance by Maddie and Tae.
- They smile at each other during the line "Everywhere I go I see your smile."
- Lucas asks Riley what are they at the campfire. When she responds with "I told you what we are," he says "What if that's not what I think we are?" showing that he is not interested in a brother-sister relationship with her.
- After trying to kiss Maya, Lucas says "Please don't tell my sister," implying that he is still somewhat thinking of Riley.
- Riley is nervous when talking to Lucas after he says hey.
- Lucas looks worried when Maya tells Riley about what happened in Texas between him and her.
- Lucas states that he doesn't feel comfortable with their brother and sister relationship.
- Lucas shows that he doesn't feel comfortable about Riley talking about Charlie.
- Lucas tells Riley he doesn't want to be her brother. (As a kind of relationship)
- Riley steps back to give Maya a chance with Lucas. However this proves to be difficult since Riley cares about Lucas much more then as a brother.
- Farkle gets Riley to realize that she likes Lucas. (not as a brother)
- Farkle tells Riley that he sees the way Riley looks at Auggie and Lucas and it's not the same.
- Farkle gets Riley to realize that she was just nervous around Lucas when they were a couple which made it harder to talk to one another.
- Farkle tells Riley that her feelings toward Lucas are still there. (Riley still loves Lucas)
- Farkle tells Riley that Lucas still has strong feelings towards her.
- Before Riley hugs Farkle, tears begin to fall from her eyes, showing that she was hurt and that she still loves Lucas.
- They both agree that Maya should forgive her dad.
- Lucas looks at Riley after she talks about Maya doing the wrong "thing."
- Lucas asks Riley if she wanted to switch partners, so he could "get away" from Farkle.
- Lucas tells Riley that Maya probably didn't mean what she said.
- Riley and Lucas both agree that Thomas Jefferson is fascinating.
- Riley and Lucas ask each other why they're partnered since they always agree on the same things.
- They both ask "Why do I need you?" since they are not helping each other grow.
- Lucas was upset when he thought Riley didn't invite him to the party because of Charlie.
- Riley assures Lucas that everyone is invited, and that she only thought of the party a few seconds ago.
- Lucas and Riley's bodies were close to one another when Lucas arrives at Riley's party.
- Riley walks by the window and says "Hi," as she sits next to Lucas.
- Lucas looks at her and smiles when she sits next to him.
- When Charlie brings up the Couples Game, Lucas gets jealous.
- Riley and Lucas didn't want to play the Couples Game at first, but after Charlie challenges Lucas to play, he accepts.
- When Riley asks the first question of the game (which was "What's your partner's favorite snack?") and she answers, Lucas looks away sadly.
- Lucas asks Charlie "What's her (Riley) favorite snack?" after Charlie doesn't answer the question the first time.
- Lucas knows Riley's favorite snack and knows the way she eats them (it's red gummy bears and she bites the heads off so they feel less pain).
- When Charlie says "If she thinks something scary is gonna happen, she reaches out and grabs your arm..." Lucas finishes the sentence by saying "and she doesn't even know she did". This implies that whenever Lucas and Riley see a scary movie she reaches out and grabs his arm.
- Lucas smiles greatly when he says "and she doesn't even know she did".
- Riley also smiles greatly when Lucas says this and both of them end up smiling at each other.
- When Charlie got all of the questions from Lucas right on Riley about the movies, Lucas got irritated with him and said, "He's like a creepy creep creep!"
- Lucas gets a question that says "How would you describe your personality?: library? (Lucas and Riley) or campfire? (Lucas and Maya). However he doesn't answer.
- Riley gets a question that says "Have you ever kept a secret from somebody you love? She doesn't answer her question either and ends the game.
- Riley has a sad look on her face after witnessing the conversation between Maya and Lucas.
- When Riley says "Here we are," Lucas looks at her briefly.
- After her secret is revealed and everyone has left, Riley joins Maya and sits on the bench with the two of them having a sad look on their faces. Lucas then joins them and sits in between them and gives Riley a glance. All three are awkward and things are left unclear between them.
- When Riley puts Farkle on trial, Lucas tries to help Farkle, however, when she says Farkle made a judgement about her, Lucas quickly backs down.
- Despite Zay also trying to defend Farkle and him standing right next to Lucas, Riley only looks at Lucas when she says "Why not, didn't he make a judgement about me?"
- Lucas asks Riley if she's upset about Farkle making her drop the marble because she's a girl.
- When Riley walks in the classroom and says "Hi guys," Lucas says anxiously "Oh, you're talking to us."
- Lucas stares at Riley intriguingly when she explains the difference between the two similar looking shirts.
- Riley thanks Lucas for his contribution for helping Farkle out.
- They are both amazed at the size of Farkle's room.
- Riley calls Lucas and then starts playing the guitar and sings "Sorry for treating you so bad," while Lucas smiles at her saying "Very confident."
- Lucas is upset with Riley after she defends Maya.
- Lucas is unsure in why Riley is siding with Maya.
- Lucas wants Riley to support the board by saying "You're on our side!"
- Riley/Lucas may have joined the school leader board to be together.
- Riley seemed upset after Topanga took away her memory of Lucas's boot.
- Riley smiles at Lucas after he says it's like they've all known each other forever.
- Riley tells Lucas that they have known him since he was a kid and breaks out into song, then Lucas walks up to Riley and says "Why?"
- Young Riley jumps into Lucas's arms after Lucas looks at her and says "Riley!"
- Lucas sides with Riley throughout most of the conversation.
- When Lucas asks for his boot back, Riley smiles and chuckles out a no.
- Lucas says, "I don't want anything to happen to you guys," while staring at Riley.
- When Lucas says, "I don't want this to be the end of us," he is staring at Riley.
- Lucas smiles at Riley after looking at her through the window.
- Riley stares at Lucas from the window outside before coming inside the classroom.
- When Maya asks if Riley still likes Lucas, Riley smiles at him and says yeah.
- Lucas says Riley's hair smells nice.
- Lucas is smiling when Riley explains the sneak attack.
- Riley said she's always felt the same way about Lucas since she fell into his lap on the subway, Lucas gazes at Riley and smiles when she says this.
- Lucas is mad at Riley for accepting to be thrown into a hole by the seniors.
- Riley confirms that they're arguing.
- Lucas asks Riley what she would want to be called when the cheerleaders ask Maya and Riley who they are.
- Riley wants to be referred to as Lucas's girlfriend.
- Lucas is frustrated with Riley seeing the good in people, since she accepts the seniors putting them in the hole.
- Lucas is upset that he can't protect Riley and his other friends.
- Riley tells Lucas that he would get killed on the football team, causing him to be upset with her.
- Lucas thinks that Riley doesn't have faith in him.
- Lucas gets upset with Riley for trusting and having faith in random seniors, but not him.
- Riley seems upset with Lucas when he says she is too much for him.
- Riley remembers the fight she had with Lucas and hopes he has a bad day.
- Lucas feels bad for leaving Riley.
- Lucas feels guilty and says that he doesn't deserve to go back to Riley and Maya.
- Lucas feels that he lost faith in Riley.
- Riley tells Lucas they all need to stick together to protect one another.
- Lucas apologizes to Riley (and Maya) and tells them that they showed them how to be strong and smart.
- Riley says she still likes Lucas.
- Lucas says that he'd recognize Riley anywhere.
- Lucas knows that Riley is Jexica.
- Riley becomes jealous of Lucas talking about a girl until he mentions Jexica.
- Riley tries to comfort Lucas when they're on the loser side.
- Riley tries to replicate the handshake with Lucas.
- Lucas says he's like Riley since their both not succeeding as much as they had hoped in High School.
- Lucas asks Riley how she feels about being on the loser side.
- Riley seems to be upset when Lucas defines him and Riley as losers.
- During the jellybean experiment Lucas always answer with Riley before Maya.
- Lucas says that Riley makes him laugh 50 times a day and is the goofiest person he knows.
- Lucas said he could have talked to Riley forever that night in the library.
- Lucas says that it's always been Riley since day one when she fell into his lap on the subway.
- Riley says to Maya that Lucas is hers because she liked him first, that he's her boyfriend and she won't let Maya take Lucas away from her.
- Riley is excited that Lucas "chose" her.
- Riley laughs at Lucas's accent.
- Riley says that she likes Lucas cause he says please and thank you after Maya tells her she doesn't know what she likes anymore.
- Riley tells Lucas to calm down jealously when he says Maya's beautiful deep down. Lucas gazes lovingly at Riley with a smile, liking her jealous rant.
- Lucas was the first to respond to Riley after she asked how the hike went.
- Lucas asks Riley how she's doing after they sit down by the window.
- Lucas calls Riley a romantic.
- Lucas stares at Riley when she says what type of movie she wants to watch.
- In Riley's dream her and Lucas almost kiss.
- Riley says that her and Lucas are the perfect couple.
- Lucas is by Riley's side when she's dying in her dream.
- Lucas is jealous and curious on why Riley was staying up all night talking to Evan.
- Lucas is upset when he tells Riley she can talk to whoever she wants.
- Lucas and Riley stare at each other when Evan says with the right person you can talk all night.
- Riley looks at Lucas when he leaves and says he's going to kick a tree.
- Lucas tells Riley that it's okay for her to talk to others and how his favorite thing is when she talks to him.
- Lucas tells Riley how he wants the important talks that they'll remember forever to just be between them.
- Lucas tells Riley that if there was another dance that they could go together without asking one another.
- Lucas tells Riley that he would buy her a sandwich with a drink and cake.
- Lucas says that he thinks about his important conversations with Riley and holds her hand.
- Lucas tells Riley that being with her is his special moment.
- Lucas chooses Riley over Maya.
- Lucas gives Riley a jellybean and tells her it represents all the things he likes about her.
- Riley gives Lucas the leaf she found and tells him that nature knows what's best and how sometimes you can fall on the right people to talk to.
- Riley says she's glad she fell into Lucas's lap while he agrees and smiles at her.
- Riley calls Lucas her boyfriend.
- Riley has a huge smile on her face and is blushing when Lucas says the jellybean represents her.
- As Riley's asleep she sits up and kisses the air after Maya says I want to be a veterinarian and kiss your face in Lucas's voice.
- Lucas watches amused as Riley argues with her dad.
- Lucas smiles as Riley sings an apology song she made for Zay.
- Lucas tells Zay to tag along with Riley since he trusts her.
- Lucas insists that they keep looking for Barry since he's important to Riley.
- Riley and Lucas look for Barry-the-Bear together in Riley's room.
- Lucas allows Riley to go before him to look for her bear saying "After you," while smiling.
- She asks him if he's ever had something he's held on to ever since he was a kid.
- He then tells her the story of his sack of gold.
- When he tells her about the sack of gold, Riley asks if they are rich.
- They go out together for half an hour to buy tacos.
- Riley smiles at Lucas when Zay says Lucas abandoned him for her.
- Riley gazes at Lucas many times when Zay is talking about them.
- Lucas asks Riley if she wants see a movie with him while she smiles and accepts.
- Lucas is sitting next to Riley while she does research on her project.
- Lucas carries Riley to health class.
- Lucas says "Thanks Riles," to Riley after she says Farkle hit him on the back of his head just for science.
- Lucas tells Riley that the most important relationship is him and her.
- Lucas tells Riley to stand up for herself.
- Riley asks Lucas why he cares so much about her.
- They both recall Lucas wanting to be a veterinarian.
- Lucas was watching Riley when she was talking to Maya saying he felt like he couldn't let anything happen to her.
- Lucas and Riley stare up at each other and smile while Maya chases Auggie dressed as a ghost.
- Lucas is surprised that Riley didn't watch the final episode of her TV show.
- Lucas along with Farkle and Maya appear outside of Rileys bedroom and the Bay Window.
- Riley asks Lucas if he got the role he tried out for.
- Riley follows Lucas outside Topanga's after he motions her to follow him.
- Lucas says he'll always tell anyone who asks that Riley is his first girlfriend.
- They both smile and give each other a hug after their conversation.
Episode: Cyd & Shelby's Haunted Escape
- They were alone in the haunted mansion.
- Riley seems to be the one who knew Lucas likes a TV show called "Cuddle Bunnies".
- They both find two keys together in the escape room.
- They hug (however this was because Cyd & Shelby were in their bodies).
- After Cyd and Shelby escaped their bodies, they hugged for one more second, tore apart, and ignored the fact they just got in control of their bodies right after they hugged.
- Because Cyd and Shelby undid this timeline, Lucas and Riley will not remember any of their interactions.
- The last names of Lucas and Topanga, "Friar" and "Lawrence" make the name of Friar Lawrence, a character in Romeo and Juliet.
- Peyton Meyer said in an interview that he and Riley have a special connection.
- Rowan Blanchard said in an interview that Peyton Meyer's character "Lucas" is the Topanga in the show. Peyton also said this too.
- Peyton Meyer said in an interview that Lucas is the love-interest of Riley, and Rowan agreed.
- Lucas seems to like acknowledging how Cory is bothered by his relationship with Riley, hinting that he does like her.
- Riley is the only person in the show who knows that Lucas wants to be a veterinarian.
- She also seems to be the only one who knows Lucas likes a TV show called "Cuddle Bunnies".
- Lucas sometimes bites his lip when he is around Riley.
- According to the writers, both Riley and Lucas like each other a lot.
- Lucas told Riley, "My moment will be my moment," meaning that when the right moment comes he'll kiss her. This proves he has a crush on Riley.
- Danielle Fishel said in an interview, "There are obvious flirtations between our daughter and her crush Lucas."
- Danielle mentions that in Girl Meets First Date is about Lucas getting up the nerve to ask Riley out on a date.
- The writers have revealed in a Tweet that at one point, Lucas and Riley will be sharing something more than hug. This tweet was hinting at the kiss Lucas and Riley shared in Girl Meets First Date.
- They have each other's cell phone numbers.
- According to Riley, she and Lucas have a "great texting relationship."
- Peyton Meyer said in an interview that Riley and Lucas have a friendship that is building into a love relationship.
- The writers said that Lucas will show how much Riley means to him in Girl Meets the New World.
- The writers mention Lucas is interested in Riley and his feelings for Riley will continue to be more clear in Season 2.
- When someone told the writers, "Why is Riley and Lucas a thing?" The writers said, "Because innocence attracts and when innocence attracts then why happens? Life is a long story."
- Lucas and Riley shared their first kiss in Girl Meets First Date.
- In a Tweet, the writers reveal that Riley is a calming influence on him.
- When Girl Meets First Date aired, Riley and Lucas trended on twitter.
- It is revealed in the most recent Q & A with the writers that Lucas still has feelings for Riley.
- Lucas and Riley start dating in Girl Meets Ski Lodge (Part 2).
- Riley states in Girl Meets Ski Lodge (Part 2) that Lucas is her first boyfriend.
Similarities & Differences
- They both have strong relationships with Farkle Minkus and Maya Hart.
- They both have Cory Matthews as their 8th grade and 9th grade history teacher.
- They both have feelings for each other.
- They both like school.
- They're both really loyal to their friends and care about them.
- They both want their friends to be happy and will do anything for them.
- Both of their grandparents, (Rosie McGee and Merlin Scoggins), met each other in 1961 at a local hangout called Café Hey.
- They both love basketball.
- They both are a dog person.
- They both have nicknames for Maya.
- They both share similar views on life.
- They are both considered to be the good kids.
- They both went to John Quincy Adams Middle School
- They both go to Abigail Adams High School.
- Lucas is male, while Riley is female.
- Lucas has green eyes, while Riley has brown.
- Lucas is originally a country boy, while Riley is a city girl.
- Lucas is a year older than Riley.
Please add your username below in alphabetical order if you are a Rucas shipper!
- Aneesa jaffar
- Aria's Fantasies About Teachers
- Avatar Raava
- Corbrina Markle Rucas
- Cosmo Galaxy
- Elizabeth MacGyver
- Erika 2392
- Folive Fan
- GMW Lover4ever
- Hay 28
- Leana Wright 2009
- Lovely Cupcake
- R5 & Auslly ROCKS!!!!
- Riley and Lucas forever xx
- RowbrinaGMW BFF
- Rucas4Ever 45
- Rucasfan 05
- Rucas forever
- Rucas, Folive, Jogon, Cailey, Lolden
- The Rush
- ShadowhuntersChronicles Fan123
- sherry lover
- The Horned King
- The life of a fangirl
Lucas: I'm Lucas.
Riley: I love it!
Riley: [to Maya] Hey!
Lucas: Hey back!
Riley: [turns toward Lucas] Hi...
Riley: Hi, I'm glad you're back.
Lucas: Hi, me too.
Lucas: Why didn't you stop your friend?
Riley: It's not what I do anymore.
Lucas: You're better than that.
Riley: [referring to Lucas] We have a great texting relationship.
Riley: Be ready in a minute.
Lucas: And Lucas!
Riley: Ready now!
Riley: That means...she was giving birth, right?
Lucas: Not too bad city girl.
Lucas: I've never told this to anybody before.
Lucas: I think, some day, I want to be a veterinarian.
Riley: I think, that we [she and Lucas] connected.
Lucas: Allow us to demonstrate. [turns to Riley]
Lucas: Is there a seat with you guys?
Riley: I don't know what's going on here, and I don't have any right to say this but, I don't think you should hang out with this girl.
Lucas: Hey Riley, Missy invited me to see a movie with her. [...] And I was wondering, maybe you guys would like to come along with us.
Lucas: Well see, these are my friends. And I don't like doing anything without my friends. Right, Riley?
Riley: Yeah, right.
Lucas: Hey guys!
Riley: Lucas, hello.
Riley: You going to the school dance, Lucas?
Lucas: So you going to class?
Riley: You're a really good dancer Lucas.
Lucas: Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss. [leans in, but pulls away when Riley opens her eyes]
Lucas: I just can't believe that little guy stole my moment...again.
Riley: Why aren't we drawing Lucas?
Riley: Bonjour, Lucas.
Lucas: I'll take my chances with that sir.
Riley: Well, it looks like our debate team could use some help.
Riley: [to Smackle talking to Lucas] Whoa, whoa. Back off, sister.
Riley: You guys are already important to me.
Lucas: Riley, if it's at all possible, I'd like to help out with your company.
Lucas: We were passing by on our way home. We thought we'd say hi.
Maya: Hey, I tickled your toes.
Riley: [to Farkle] This isn't the Farkle I know, and I want to know why, and I want to know now.
Riley: You went back to Texas this weekend?
Lucas: [to the Rebel] Who are you? Where did you come from?
Riley: I nominate Lucas Friar for president.
Lucas: You know what? It'd be an honor to run for president. Thank you Riley.
Riley: I'm not attacking Lucas.
Lucas: I suppose you guys would be using that against me.
Lucas: Thank you for the video. That...wasn't what I expected it to be.
Riley: Wait a minute. What about me?
Riley: You know those moments we were talking about that we'll remember forever?
Riley: ...oh, hi.
Riley: Glad we talked about it.
Maya: How long are we avoiding this?
Riley: I kissed...Lucas.
Riley: Lucas, what did you tell him?
Maya: [to Riley] I mean, you like him, he likes you, there was a kiss.
Riley: I will not act under peer pressure.
Riley: What are we?
Lucas: Stop. Nobody's telling us what to do. We're not you. You're you. We're us. We do what we do.
Riley: We're just sitting here.
Lucas: I think your mom did a really good job on this place.
Lucas: I don't know why it's suddenly so hard for us to talk all of a sudden. It's not like we've changed.
Riley: Relationships are supposed to be about two people who make the choice to come together by themselves.
Lucas: Oh, well I was going to walk Riley home.
Riley: [about Maya and Farkle] I'm not sure it's going to work out with them.
Riley: So, you're walking me home?
Riley: [stiffly] Thank you very much Lucas. I had a wonderful time.
Lucas: I really like you Riley.
Lucas: We should break up.
Lucas: Hey Riley, do you have to be home?
Lucas Alright, so the pressure's off. We're friends now. What do you want to talk about?
Riley: I don't know that much, obviously.
Riley: Hey. Lucas and I are friends. That's what we are. That's what we've always been. And we are not going to hurt that because you guys want us to be something we're not. So go back to your own lives because nobody is moving too fast here.
Riley: Dad, you know something?
Riley: [to Lucas] Do I know you?
Riley: Deny it.
Riley: I like you. I went on my first date with you. Do you think it's right to let me like you without telling me who you are?
Riley: Were you thrown out of school?
Riley: Why wouldn't you tell me about this?
Lucas: Mr. Matthews teaches us about a lot of things. [directed at Riley] He's open-minded that way.
Lucas: Uh, Riley, I could use some water over here to wash this off.
Riley: When are you going to tell me what you did?
Riley: [being sprayed by Lucas] Wait a minute! Wait! Wait! Lucas! I lost my contact lense!
Riley: [pushes Lucas against the car] You were the first boy I ever liked. That's a big deal for me. Are you worth it? Tell me, and I'll believe you. I want to believe you. Are you worth it?
Lucas: Riley, sometimes things come out when they're supposed to come out.
Lucas: [serious] And I care about my friends. Riley, you understand that better than anyone.
Riley: Lucas, I'll get you.
Lucas: They call me Mad Dog.
Riley: Of course, they do.
Lucas: Would you call me Mad Dog?
Riley: Would you call me Princess Dancing Sunshine?
Lucas: No, I would not.
Riley: Well there you go.
Riley: So what about those beans?
Lucas: I don't have any beans.
Riley: Then sing like a canary.
Lucas: I don't sing so good.
Riley: Then let the cat out of the bag.
Lucas: I'm more of a dog person.
Riley: [smiles] Aww, me too.
Riley: You ran the bases?!
Lucas: I had to, otherwise she died for nothing! But I had nothing to do with what happened to your Chelsea, Riley. I promise.
Lucas: [to Riley] And you are a complete ray of sunshine!
Riley: [turns to Lucas] Oh! There's a dance and you're planning to attend this dance that you never mentioned in my general vicinity―that dance?
Lucas: Well actually I wanna talk to you about―
Riley: Go on.
Riley: [turns to Lucas] Time to make some choices, Billy. Simple enough for you, Billy!
Lucas: [looks around, confused]
Lucas: Oh, you can't go to the dance?
Lucas: Charlie, you may not know this, but Riley and I kinda have an 'unofficial thing' going.
Lucas: [looks to Riley, hurt] You let him see your notebook?
Riley: [smiles reassuringly] It was only one time.
Lucas: I just naturally assumed we were going together.
Lucas: I thought we were going together, I'm―I should have asked.
Lucas: I'm sorry you can't go.
Riley: I just had this vision in my head about how the semi formal was suppose to go. How Lucas would ask, the dress I would wear, the corsage he would give me.
Riley: Why did you assume we were going to the dance if we're not officially together?
Lucas: I don't know, why would you make a big deal about it if we're not officially together?
Lucas: Riley, why wouldn't you tell me if someone is bullying you!
Riley: Be the hero I know you are.
Lucas: Thank you Riley.
Riley: You can do this Lucas, this bull is nothing!
Lucas: Riley can you please watch.
Lucas: You mean a lot to me Riley.
Lucas: Riley, I can't be your brother anymore.
Riley: Then what would you be?
Riley: Of course your invited to my party Lucas!
Riley: I've felt the same way about you ever since I fell into your lap on the subway.
Zay: Lucas told me you were Jexica.
Riley: How did you guys know that?
Lucas: We know who you are Riley, you don't have to write down some fake profile to not show who you are. I'd recognize you anywhere.
| The image gallery for Lucas and Riley may be viewed here.