|“||I'd rather be a fool with you than to be anything without you.||”|
|“||Our first boyfriends Maya, who knows how long that's going to last? We're going to meet new people all of the time. But if there's one thing I'm sure of in my life is that you, are my extraordinary relationship Maya.||”|
—Riley to Maya in Girl Meets Ski Lodge (Part 2)
|“|| Riley: Maya? What if we don't care about our boyfriends as much as we care about each other?|
Maya: No, we'll just care for them in a different way.
Riley: What different way?
—Riley and Maya in Girl Meets Sweet Sixteen
Maya and Riley have been best friends for years, they're like sisters and are very close to one another. Most of the time whenever Maya visits Riley she enters through The Bay Window by her room. The Bay Window is their special place where they solve many of their problems and they hold many of their "meetings" with friends there. Maya and Riley are both willing to sacrifice their happiness for the sake of the other and protect one another and try to make each other happy.
Their pairing is also the only pairing to have moments in every episode and have shown to be the one that almost everyone accepts and supports.
- Raya (R/iley and M/aya)
- Rilaya (Ril/ey and M/aya)
- Miley (M/aya and R/iley)
- Mart (M/atthews and H/art)
- Maley (Ma/ya and Ri/ley)
- Peaches and Honey
- Maya and Riley of Arc
- Mayley (May/a and Ri/ley)
- Hartthews (Hart and Mat/thews)
- Mind Witches (used by Eric in Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels Goes to Washington)
- Maya and Riley sneak out of the window to go to the subway until Cory caught them.
- When they got to the subway station, Maya showed Riley the ropes.
- Riley mimicked Maya's posture on her way to the subway.
- Riley said she was reinventing herself.
- Maya taught Riley how to deal with boys by talking to Lucas.
- Riley asks Maya if she's okay after she "breaks up" with Lucas.
- Maya lets Riley fall into Lucas's lap and then looks over and smiles at her.
- Riley states that she wanted to be exactly like Maya.
- Riley was carrying Maya's book for her.
- Riley claimed she is not so different to Maya.
- Riley agreed with Maya to the Homework Rebellion.
- They sit together during lunch.
- They try to get Lucas to sit next to them before Farkle came.
- They squealed when Lucas sat next to them.
- Riley did her homework and Maya's.
- They rode the subway home.
- Riley pried the doors open in the subway to get Maya.
- Riley talked to Cory and Topanga about how she's fighting for her best friend.
- Maya and Riley were standing at Riley's locker together .
- Riley looks to Maya for guidance when she approaches Lucas from behind.
- Riley tells Maya how she's a happy plant rising up from the ground after meeting Lucas.
- Maya told Riley to talk to Lucas instead of texting him.
- Riley joked with Lucas about Maya being a mockingbird.
- Maya just entered Riley's home without knocking or ringing.
- They walked to the library together with Farkle and Lucas.
- Maya tells Cory that she'll watch over Riley for him.
- Maya tried to protect Riley from seeing that Lucas was talking to Missy.
- Maya comforts Riley when Missy confronts her about Lucas.
- Riley explains to Maya that she's a happy plant since things are going well with Lucas.
- Riley tells Maya how she wishes it was just her and Maya in the world.
- Maya said it is just the two now.
- Maya wanted to help Riley with her Lucas situation.
- Maya decides to get detention so she could be with Riley.
- They talked about make-up and ninth grade.
- Maya and Riley were asked to the dance by Farkle.
- They both agreed to dance with him.
- They were talking to Lucas.
- Riley ran after Maya once Maya found out about the 'F'.
- Riley wanted Maya to go back to class with her.
- Riley thought that Maya was overreacting, like her usual self, and she'd be back by gym class.
- Riley talked to Topanga about how she looks forward to walking with Maya to school.
- Riley helps Cory with Maya about the failed quiz.
- They danced with Cory at the dance.
- Maya laid next to Riley in the play.
- Both got applauded for their performance in the play.
- Maya got a gold locket and Riley wanted to know where she got it from.
- Riley said that if Maya really went to France, she should've brought back a croissant for her.
- Maya gives Riley a croissant from the street.
- Riley wants the truth from Maya and Maya wants Riley to tell Farkle the truth.
- Riley doesn't want Maya to go to jail.
- Maya found Riley's jail story and her concern adorable.
- Maya finally tells Riley the truth about the locket.
- They see the family who owns the locket and gives it back.
- They lay next to each other on the table thing.
- Maya did not approve of Riley's party-girl walk.
- They both believed that Maya would be the one to walk over to the guys if they were at a party.
- Riley got invited to a party and felt bad that Maya didn't.
- Maya was fine with it and wanted Riley to be happy.
- Maya was able to convince Mr. Matthews to let Riley go to the party.
- Maya found it funny that Riley was invited to a geek party.
- Maya threatened Farkle to tell her where Riley was.
- Maya called Riley, "her girl."
- Maya was shocked to see Riley as a Harajuku girl.
- Maya tried one more time to bring Riley back at Riley's house.
- Maya fought with Farkle for Riley.
- Maya had a masterplan to bring back Riley, which worked.
- Maya and Riley sat next to each for art.
- Riley wanted them to be famous artist who belong in Paris.
- Maya drew Riley in Paris.
- Riley acknowledge that Maya was a talented artist.
- Riley felt bad that Maya's mom didn't come to career day.
- Maya told Riley to not feel bad for her that her mom didn't come.
- When Maya's mom came the next day, Riley told her to go to the art exhibit to see Maya's talent.
- Maya drew Riley with hearts coming out of her chest for art.
- Riley broke the news that she entered Maya in the art exhibit.
- Maya threw paint at her, which started a paint fight between the two.
- When Riley told Maya that she also invited her mom, she poured the paint like Maya commanded.
- Riley was happy to see Maya's painting displayed.
- Riley hunted Maya's mom down for not showing up to see Maya's work.
- Riley shared half a tuna melt with Maya, although she offered to give the whole thing.
- They both wanted the present from Cory.
- They both went to Farkle's debate.
- They were going to comfort Farkle after his defeat, until they got distracted by the melon balls.
- Maya said she already has a weird friend and Riley knew she was talking about her.
- Maya and Riley helped Smackle with her appearance.
- They "understood the universe" after Smackle told them E=mc^2.
- Maya and Riley entered the debate team's meeting together.
- Both were confused and mad that Smackle played them.
- Maya and Riley sat together in the booth at the bakery.
- They both believed history had nothing to deal with them.
- Riley tried to persuade Maya to take the art book with her.
- Riley continued 'The Girl With the Long Blonde Hair' poem and talked about Maya.
- When Maya sang her Bucky McBoing Boing song, Riley danced along.
- Maya went back to the bakery to retrieve the art book and inside was Riley's note saying, "Maya's art goes here. Change the world." It had a picture of two girls holding hands.
- Riley was excited to find out that Maya's great-grandmother was her great-grandmother's friend.
- Maya corrected Riley by telling her that May Clutterbucket walked out on Rosie McGee.
- Riley assured Maya that she doesn't give up, she's not a Clutterbucket, she's all Hart.
- They arrived to history class early with Farkle and Lucas.
- They arrived the subway station together.
- They see Crazy Hat and talk to her.
- When they get to school, they worry about their futures.
- When they get fired from Farkle, the muffin company, they go to the subway station to see none other than Crazy Hat.
- Although Maya didn't want to go back to school, she followed Riley.
- They started their own foundation, The Matthews and Hart Umbrella Foundation
- Evelyn Rand, also known as Crazy Hat, calls them her two dollies.
- They leave the classroom together with their first umbrella.
- Riley and Maya are sitting with Evelyn at the subway station just observing people.
- They leave the station together.
- Riley cheers Maya on during a game of softball.
- Maya was impressed with Riley when she got Lucas to help with her glove.
- Riley asked Maya if they're still doing candy trades at her house.
- Maya said yes, but they should do at her house this year.
- Maya tell Riley there's nothing to be scared of when sleeping at her house.
- Maya felt bad every time Riley left her house during the night.
- Riley never wanted Maya to feel bad.
- Maya wanted Riley to stay the night at her house.
- She asked Riley to follow her.
- Riley was curled up in a ball in Maya's room.
- Maya explained to Riley that everything was gonna be okay.
- They were gonna sleep in the same bed.
- Every time Riley was afraid, she would scream Maya's name.
- Maya did anything to Riley to go to bed.
- They screamed when the boys scared them.
- They stayed up a little longer to see what happens next in Maya's neighborhood.
- Maya tried to wake up Riley by tickling her feet.
- Riley said that she'll never take Maya for granted during History when Cory was talking about taking people for granted, thinking it was meant towards Maya.
- They were in the lunch line together.
- They both found the food disgusting.
- They didn't eat their food, along with Farkle and Lucas.
- Maya and Riley were assigned cafeteria duty together as their elective.
- They agreed they looked cute in their lunchroom attire.
- They were tired after school from their work and didn't help Topanga with the groceries.
- They were gonna go through the dishwasher to get clean.
- They realized Geralyn Thompson's job was difficult.
- They acknowledged Geralyn Thompson in the end.
- Riley and Maya believed that girl's should have their own "Handshake of Awesomeness." With that, they did their usual "Staahp it."
- When class ended, Riley went up to Cory and Maya followed her.
- Riley believed that a trophy would make her feel better about herself, however, Maya said that she doesn't need that.
- Riley and Maya calls Riley's window special to them.
- Riley screamed that Maya that she gave her bad advice.
- Riley hugged Maya when Cory was trying to get hold of Lucas.
- Riley and Maya walked into gym class together.
- Riley and Maya were side-hugging when Billy called them "these guys."
- Riley and Maya looked at each other when Farkle said he could fly in desperate situations, and immediately got something to soften Farkle's fall.
- Maya knew that Riley would want to do something about Billy.
- Riley and Maya couldn't believe that Billy would bully Farkle.
- They wiped their flaws away.
- Maya asked Riley if she was okay that she didn't get a trophy.
- Riley asked Maya how to act cool that she got a trophy. Maya responded, "You? Just be who you are."
- Maya makes plans for Riley to be a princess.
- Maya gets Riley her own unicorn.
- Maya cheers loudly after Riley's comeback speech.
- Maya blackmails Farkle so Riley can win.
- Maya and Riley both go out to find Lucas's old friends.
- Maya seems happy for Riley when Lucas calls her a princess.
- Riley invites Maya to join her and Auggie.
- They both sing the theme song to 'Red Planet Diaries' while putting their arms around each other.
- Auggie is upset that Riley prefers to hangout with Maya, rather than him.
- Maya tells Riley that Auggie feels like she ruined Riley and Auggie's night.
- Riley asks Auggie if he's okay with Maya staying with them.
- Riley wants the holidays to go good for Maya.
- Maya makes a donation to her winter coat foundation in Riley's name.
- Maya doesn't understand how someone could not like Riley.
- After meeting Shawn, Maya takes Riley to the Bay Window.
- Maya says her and Riley are the best friends on the planet.
- Riley is smiling after Maya calls Josh her uncle.
- They both joke around when Maya says she would be Riley's aunt.
- Maya tells Shawn that he makes Riley feel bad and she is not okay with that.
- Maya asks Shawn how he could possibly not like Riley.
- Shawn takes both Riley and Maya to Svorski's Bakery.
- Maya suggested she knew Riley's birthday when Shawn did not.
- Riley suggests Shawn invites Maya on their weekend trip.
- Riley says its important that Shawn knows all the great things about Maya.
- Riley invites Maya to family game night.
- After getting the 'Go to Europe with a friend' card, Riley leaves Topanga to join Maya's team.
- They go to the Bay Window for New Team Strategy Talk.
- Maya points out that Riley loves popcorn.
- Maya makes Riley aware that her parents don't think it is a game.
- They link arms when they go back to see Cory and Topanga and to continue the game.
- They are laying together under the same blanket near the end of the long game.
- They both witness what happens when you win the long game.
- Riley seemed happy for Maya when she was flirting with Josh.
- Riley wants Maya to be happy during her birthday.
- Riley gives Maya a friendship ring.
- Maya says she loves the gift and is never taking it off.
- Maya decides to stop being mad at Riley even though she tied her up.
- Riley tries to get Shawn and Katy together so Maya could be happy.
- Maya forgives Riley for trying to set Shawn and her mom (Katy) up.
- Riley tells Cory that she wants Maya's birthday to be special.
- Maya thanks Riley for thinking of her.
- They're both in charge of the morning newscasts and announcements.
- Maya laughs at Riley humorous way of presenting the news.
- Maya and Riley both fight over who Farkle will bring to the award ceremony.
- Maya and Riley both feel bad when Farkle goes alone.
- They both surprise Farkle there and support him even though he doesn't win.
- They both text and call Farkle the day before asking him for his decision.
- Maya talks to Riley about boys.
- Maya is smiling when Lucas raises his hand to ask Riley out.
- Maya goes out with Farkle so Lucas can go out with Riley.
- Maya is happy for Riley.
- Maya said she trusted Riley.
- Riley is temporarily mad at Maya when she "asks" Lucas out.
- Maya is with Riley when Lucas asks her out.
- Riley says that Maya looks nice.
- Riley comforts Maya in the bakery and on the subway.
- Riley leaves her date with Lucas to comfort Maya on seeing Josh with Sophie.
- Maya thanks Riley for being there for her.
- Maya lets Riley fall into Lucas's lap again after she comforts her.
- They both sit at the Bay Window together to reflect on their dates.
- Maya warned Riley to not buy the dress she saw.
- Maya was upset with Riley when she used Topanga's credit card to buy it.
- Maya is shocked when Riley states that she wants to return her dress and shoes.
- Maya backs Riley up if she needs it.
- While sitting at the window Riley says that she's grateful to have a friend like Maya.
- Maya is impressed and proud of Riley after she returns the dress.
- Maya told Riley "You will always be my favorite."
- Riley called Maya 'Peaches'.
- Maya visits Riley before she goes to school.
- They both go to school saying their then kings of John Quincy Adams.
- They both don't want Cory as a history teacher again.
- They both transfer out of his class together.
- They exit the new classroom after feeling that they have less freedom.
- They do a special exit walk.
- Maya goes with Riley to the bakery.
- They both want to sit next to each other in the new class.
- Maya taunts Riley about her kiss with Lucas.
- Riley admires Maya's ring.
- Maya supports Riley and Lucas.
- Maya continuously teases and asks Riley about her relationship with Lucas.
- Maya is concerned for Riley.
- Maya tells Zay that her and Riley are close.
- Maya tells him that she can never be sick and not come to school.
- Riley and Maya both learn the secret of life.
- Maya is worried about Lucas since it involves Riley.
- Riley yells Maya's name when she's about to be sprayed with the hose by Lucas.
- Riley nervously says that the world is changing to Maya.
- They both go to Philadelphia together to find the capsule.
- They both do Eric Matthews' Feeny Call.
- Riley hopes that Maya's wish would come true for the time capsule.
- Riley is glad that Maya wants to contribute.
- Riley and Maya get into a major fight.
- Auggie says "They love each other." and "They're going to marry each other."
- Maya refuses to speak to Riley after she doesn't defend her against Lucas.
- Maya tells Riley that she's a klutz.
- Riley forgives Maya and says that she'll defend her in the future.
- Maya says "Hey, nobody laughs at her but me." of Riley's klutziness.
- Maya tells Riley "I'll always have your back".
- They both have The Tell-Tale Tater Tot as their conscience.
- Maya stole a tater tot from Cory for Riley.
- Maya said that she loved Riley's family.
- They snuck out to attend Josh's college party together.
- Maya is hurt when Riley does the same hair flip with one of the sority girls.
- Riley tells Maya that bold woman make bold choices and then pushes her into Josh's party.
- Riley tells Maya that her along with her family love her too.
- Riley was surprised that Maya told her parents about sneaking out to NYU.
- They split into Rileytown and Mayaville.
- Maya gave Riley a ping-pong ball gun.
- They both got detention.
- Riley sat at the door when Maya got an extra hour of detention.
- Riley wanted to stay with Maya, but Cory pushed her out.
- Riley warned Maya that they can't let Cory be right.
- While serving her second detention, Maya calls Riley to stay with her.
- Riley says that without Maya, she doesn't think she'd ever unfold her hands.
- Maya says that without Riley, she may never come back.
- Riley says that Maya can borrow her clothes anytime.
- They both have parents with weird names (Riley's mom named Topanga and Maya's dad named Kermit).
- Riley is happy for Maya and Shawn's relationship.
- Maya tells Riley how Shawn makes her feel special and important.
- Riley is fascinated by the clothing choices Maya picks out.
- Riley says "Love it"! when Maya walks out with a new outfit.
- Riley wants Maya to be happy and thinks she deserves a father figure like Shawn.
- Maya and Riley both do everything they can to help Cory get his job back.
- Riley supports and is happy for Maya liking the new teacher.
- Riley automatically believes that Maya is innocent for killing the class fish.
- Maya is honest with Riley telling her she killed 7 other class fish.
- Maya tries to convince Riley to come back to reality and be proud of who she is.
- Maya gets Riley to talk to Farkle about changing as well too.
- Maya says that she did not want to live in a world without Riley.
- Maya tells Riley that she loves her for who she truly is and how she doesn't need to be different.
- Riley is telling Maya her concerns about the Semi-Formal.
- Riley asks Maya about why her dad squeals every time she slams her locker.
- Maya lists all the things that would happen when Lucas asked Riley to the Semi-Formal.
- Riley pleads to Maya to help her decide on what to do about her going to the Semi-Formal.
- Maya and Riley arrive at the Semi-Formal together.
- Maya dances with Farkle so Riley can solve her situation.
- Maya encourages Riley to go to the formal to deal with her situation.
- Maya dances with Farkle so Riley can deal with her situation.
- Riley calls herself the artist's best friend. (referring to Maya)
- Riley is upset for Maya when they decide to cancel art class.
- Riley and Maya talk at the bay window after school.
- Riley waits for Maya while she hangs the painting on the wall, they then both wrap their arms around each others shoulders and exit the courthouse.
- Riley and Maya both try to prove how important music, art, and singing are to everyday school life.
- Maya asks Riley if she's going to crack first, but instead ends up opening up her feelings.
- Riley tells Maya she has a plan to bring back Art to their school.
- Riley and Maya both convince Farkle to find out what the meaning of love is.
- Riley motions to Maya to come and sit with her.
- Riley and Maya both try to convince Farkle that he's normal but still Farkle.
- Maya asks Riley for one of her Riley pick ups.
- Riley and Maya both attempt to prove to Farkle that he doesn't have Asperger's.
- Maya goes along with Riley to find her own path and make her own future.
- Maya helps Riley recognize that she has both of her parents unique personalities.
- Maya lies next to Riley, then rolls over her until finally lying on top of her and smiling as Riley giggles.
- Riley pushes Maya out of her bed.
- Riley is upset when Maya mentions the word Rileytown.
- Riley calls Maya a bully, afterwards Maya looks hurt and confused.
- Maya tries to have Riley understand the class lesson and how it relates to their argument.
- Maya tells Riley that they both should end their fight just like the war.
- Riley challenges Maya to a duel.
- Maya decides to not fight Riley with ice cream and offers to give her a hug.
- Riley shoves her ice cream in Maya's face since she's still secretly being bullied.
- Maya isn't mad at Riley for showing her ice cream in her face knowing something's wrong.
- Maya tells Riley that she's there for her.
- Riley feels bad about not telling Maya about the bully.
- Maya holds Riley while she breaks down in tears over her feelings of humiliation and powerlessness.
- Maya tells Riley that she can always come to her for support and asked why she didn't tell her.
- Maya helps Riley stack a ton of things against her window so Lucas couldn't enter.
- Maya is smiling the entire time when Riley defends herself against the bully.
- Maya is right by Riley's side after she stands up to the bully.
- They both meet the ghost of the Bay Window.
- They are both dressed as flapper girls from the 1920's for Halloween.
- Maya and Riley are both puzzled at how they're dancing on their own.
- Maya and Riley look at each other for an answer when Dewey asks for candy.
- Maya compliments Riley many times in this episode.
- Maya doesn't want Riley to get hurt trying out.
- Maya is the first one to step into Riley's bedroom.
- Maya is the first person to ring the bell for Riley's safety.
- Maya shows support for Riley many times in this episode.
- Maya is the first one who speaks out of motivation for Riley.
- Riley and Maya walk into Cory's classroom together.
- Riley and Maya both don't seem to mind Lucas riding the bull. (At first)
- Maya joins Riley by her made up Bay window.
- Riley tries to encourage Maya to believe in Lucas.
- Riley assures Maya by riding tombstone the bull that Lucas won't be a disgrace to the community and his family.
- Riley instantly runs out of the tent to follow Maya before Lucas asks her to watch.
- Riley figure out Maya likes Lucas after she sees her staring at him after the match was over.
- Riley talks to Maya and gets her to admit and express her feelings she has towards Lucas.
- Riley calls Maya her sister and that they'll always be there for each other.
- When Riley tells Maya she's her sister, she holds her hand.
- When Riley tells Maya she has always wanted a sister, Maya says the same to her.
- Riley tells Maya its okay to talk to Lucas about her feelings.
- Riley joins in on Maya's act in trying to get Vanessa to like Zay by pretending to be another one of his clingy girlfriend.
- Maya says "I know it was hard for you to say it". Meaning that Maya is proud of Riley when she told Zay she didn't want to be addressed as his "friend".
- Riley tells Maya that its them forever until death.
- Riley tells Maya to feel what she feels and open up her true feelings to Lucas.
- Riley tells Maya that she'll always be her best friend no matter what happens.
- Riley tells Lucas that Maya likes him because she knows Maya will never tell him herself.
- Maya is upset with herself by lying to Riley and not telling her earlier that she had feelings for Lucas.
- Riley leaves Maya alone to talk to Lucas.
- Riley and Maya both say hi to Lucas.
- Maya tells Riley the truth and says something happened between her and Lucas. (Showing that she's keeping her promise by not wanting to keep secrets from Riley anymore)
- At the Bay Window Maya says she'll be ok when Riley figures out if she's ok.
- They ask each other about their dates.
- Maya says that Lucas needs Riley to build him up, listen to his stories and make him feel like a hero. ("You like his stories, and he likes yours)"
- Maya and Riley do their special ring power tradition together.
- Riley is stepping back from Lucas cause she'll do anything for her friends. In this case even though she loves Lucas more then a brother she wants Maya to have a chance too.
- They hold hands at the Bay Window, then tell each other about their dates.
- Maya takes Riley's advice and sends a letter to her father.
- Maya wants Riley to stay with her and calls Riley her family.
- Riley says she raised Maya from a pup.
- Maya says Riley has been more of a father to her than Kermit.
- Maya makes jokes about Riley's "perfect day".
- Riley is upset with Maya after she takes a $5 bill from the ground that doesn't belong to her.
- Riley tries to convince Maya to do the right thing.
- Maya tries to bribe Riley into letting her do what she wants.
- Riley knows that Maya knows what she's talking about.
- Riley holds a grudge against Maya saying she needs to learn a lesson.
- Riley stands up for herself saying that she thinks Maya is wrong to Cory and the class.
- Riley wants Riley to believe in things.
- Maya says she might believe in a god if her life was as hunky dory like Riley's.
- After Maya says her life is going well when she found Riley's purse and $10 Riley asks why she won't believe in anything.
- They argue about Lincoln and Jefferson.
- Riley tells Maya she always finishes the assignment.
- Riley is upset that Maya "needs a break" from her and what she believes in.
- Riley is scrolling through her photos of her and Maya.
- Maya says I miss her, I love her.
- Riley holds up a sign when Maya comes back.
- They both take a picture together after "reuniting".
- Riley admits to Maya that she can't force her to believe what she thinks is right.
- Maya puts the $5 back where she found it.
- Maya tells Riley that she was in her prayers and thoughts.
- Maya tells Riley she prayed for her that she would have an endless amount of great days.
- Riley tells Maya she loves her.
- Riley tells Maya that she likes what she believes.
- Maya told Riley about the Lucaya moment in Girl Meets Texas (Part 2) prior to the episode's airing.
- Riley grabs Maya's face the same way Lucas did in Girl Meet Texas (Part 2).
- Riley says the universe wants to know what's going on between Lucas and Maya.
- Maya helps Riley organize her New Years party.
- Maya seems hurt after hearing that Riley still likes Lucas.
- Both Maya and Riley sit on the bench in the end of the episode with Lucas in the middle of them.
- Riley goes to Maya to tell her something is wrong with the ways the boys are treating them.
- Riley doesn't agree with the boys doing the science and the girls dropping the marble.
- Riley is upset with Maya after drops her marble.
- Riley and Maya with the advice of Topanga rally against inequality against the boys.
- Riley convinces Maya to care about science and math.
- Riley gives Maya advice about her being a scientist and how by not caring it's dangerous.
- Riley asks if Maya can keep a little bit of the money to fix her roof.
- Riley and Maya both insist to see Farkle's room.
- Riley wants Maya to help her and Lucas provide money for Farkle.
- Maya decides to return the money she found due to Riley's influence.
- Riley calls Maya "Peaches".
- Riley helps defend Maya (and Farkle) against the school board.
- Riley knows Maya so well she doesn't want to admit the fact that she cheated.
- Riley stood up for Maya even though she cheated off of Farkle on a test.
- Riley believes that cheating for Maya helps her learn and improve.
- Maya refuses to let Riley redecorate the Bay Window.
- Riley assures Maya that they'll stay best friends forever even if they have to set the past behind.
- Maya feels that the Bay Window was the only place she trusted as a kid and how important Riley was to her as a childhood friend.
- Maya tells Riley that personally the Bay Window has a special place/memory that makes her feel safe in her heart.
- Maya feels comfortable with the Bay Window after Riley encourages her to believe that change is good.
- Maya and Riley quiz each other on whether they still like Lucas or not.
- Riley and Maya both petition for Cory to be their teacher in high school.
- Riley is worried about Maya staying strong due to their situation with Lucas.
- They are both jealous of their strong feelings toward Lucas.
- Riley is worried about Maya when their friendship is put to the test due to fighting over Lucas.
- They both feel awkward about the whole situation.
- They both promise each other that they'll never leave each others side.
- Maya stays with Riley even when everyone abandons her.
- Maya stands up for Riley seeing the good in people.
- Maya tries to convince Riley to feel like the situation isn't her fault.
- They are hanging out at Topanga's together without the rest of the gang
- Maya looks at Riley
- Riley tells Maya there are 4 years of high school
- Riley wants to choose the same movies Maya picks.
- Riley describes Jexica to Maya and is impressed with her drawing.
- They're both suspicious of Lucas liking a girl until he reveals its Jexica.
- Maya wants Riley to be herself.
- Maya tells Riley to confess that she's Jexica.
- Maya disagrees with Riley's way of being like able and popular.
- Riley is proud and confident to show Maya her real updated profile of herself.
- Maya helps Riley with Spanish.
- Riley is upset when Maya talks to her A she received on her Spanish test.
- Riley is upset when her parents praise Maya for doing better than her.
- Riley is surprised that she's finding high school harder while Maya finds it easier.
- Riley is happy for Maya when she's on the achieving side of the room.
- Maya is proud of Riley after she can speak proper Spanish in class.
- Maya knows that Riley will help her on all other subjects besides Spanish.
- Maya is happy for Riley when she gets an A+ on her following Spanish test.
- It's shown that Riley tutors Maya in all subjects except Art and Spanish.
- Maya tells Riley that she appreciates her corkiness.
- Maya says that there is no other friendship like theirs.
- Riley defends Maya's art against Mr. Jackson.
- Riley is unhappy when Maya accepts Mr. Jackson's criticism about her art.
- Riley expects Maya to defend herself when she talks about her having Lucas.
- Riley tells Maya that she taught her how to be stronger.
- Riley tells Maya that she knows who she is.
- Maya is upset when all Riley thinks they have in common is clothes hair and boys.
- Riley and Maya both see Maya's voice in her painting after looking at it from a different perspective.
- Riley takes Maya to see Shawn to help her find her voice.
- Riley reminds Maya on the subway about how she wanted to be exactly like her.
- Riley and Maya both look at each other when they see another handsome boy on the subway.
- They both wonder if their friendship will turn out like Cory and Shawns.
- Maya says when they both get older they'll most likely end up fighting like Cory and Shawn.
- Riley and Maya recreate the paint scene and Maya finds her true voice by doing so.
- Riley smiles at Maya when she has her personal moment with Shawn.
- Riley tells Maya that she's taught her many things in being like her and how important she is to her.
- Riley tells Maya that she's made an impact on how she sees things now.
- Maya says that she's turned into Riley.
- They both decide to figure out their true feelings before figuring out who Lucas chose.
- Riley and Maya both walk together to Katy and Shawn.
- Riley hugs Maya after Katy accepts Shawn's proposal.
- Riley and Maya look at one another when Shawn talks about his first date with Katy.
- Riley is happy saying that Maya is back and she's Maya again when she comes through the Bay Window.
- Maya takes Riley's hand so they both can get to school.
- They both discuss "damage" together.
- Maya tells Riley she's going to do something bad to prove that her old self is back.
- Riley calls Maya peaches.
- Riley wants Maya to explode and let her emotions out.
- Riley thinks that Maya set off the fire alarm and tell her their safety partners.
- Riley asks Maya if she still likes Lucas and she replies by saying that she needs to know who she is before she knows who she likes.
- Riley looks at Maya when Katy tells her she found $100 missing.
- Riley calls Maya a cat burglar and tells everyone she took the money.
- Riley is worried when Maya skips class.
- Maya tells her old friends how they should call Dorothy Riley.
- Maya stops Renee from knocking Riley's head off.
- Riley blames herself for Maya wanting to act rebellious.
- Maya calls Riley her best friend and says she ruined her while Riley says she's my best friend and I love her.
- Maya tells Riley that she was indeed with her during her time with her old friends.
- Maya tells Riley she had a brick in her hand because someone went after her.
- Riley is happy for Maya since she didn't hurt anyone.
- Maya tells Officer James that Riley won't let her do anything bad.
- Riley and Maya both thank each other for putting their heads back on and then hug.
- Maya tells Riley about her memory of when she was little at the park and the significance it has.
- Maya asks Riley what Cory has against nature.
- Maya asks Riley how she fell off the bus.
- Maya agrees with Riley that she needed to find herself.
- Riley and Maya both say coward at the same time.
- Riley seems intrigued when Maya breaks the rules during the hike.
- Maya asks Riley if she needs help up the stairs.
- Maya and Riley hug before they go to sleep.
- Riley is upset with Maya after she unplugs her when she's dying in her dream.
- Riley depends on Maya as her doctor in her dream.
- Riley puts her arms around Maya and asks her what she wants to do.
- Riley turns to Maya after Lucas is jealous of her talking to Evan.
- Maya tells Riley that everything will be fine with Lucas.
- Josh helps Riley realize that she wants to be apart of Maya's experiences and how she's been protecting her.
- They both walk over to the window together and talk.
- Riley asks Maya why she wanted to be like her to which she replies she needed to know how Riley felt.
- Maya tells Riley how she had to know herself if Lucas was the right guy for her.
- Riley tells Maya that she's the only one who's good enough for her.
- Maya and Riley are sitting next to each other during the game of who belongs with who.
- Riley looks at Maya when she drags Josh to the window.
- Maya tells Josh that she loves Riley.
- Riley calls Maya's name when Lucas pulls out a wedding ring box.
- Maya tells Lucas to tell Riley he loves her, so that she'll be happy.
- Maya knows Riley would do the same for her in making sure she was with the right guy.
- Riley says she would do anything for Maya even if it meant giving up Lucas.
- Riley says that Maya is her extraordinary relationship.
- Maya stays to help Riley find her bear despite wanting to get tacos.
- Riley instantly thinks about her friendship with Maya when Topanga mentions possibly moving.
Similarities & Differences
- They both attended John Quincy Adams Middle school.
- They attend Abigail Adams High School.
- They are both best friends with Farkle and Lucas.
- They both have Cory as their teacher.
- They are both females.
- Farkle has a crush on both of them.
- They both are talented singers.
- They are both good friends with Shawn Hunter.
- They both have a parent with a weird name, Topanga and Kermit.
- They both believe in hope.
- They're both bridesmaids at Katy and Shawn's wedding
- Riley has brown hair, while Maya has blonde.
- Riley has brown eyes, while Maya has blue.
- Riley has tan skin, while Maya has pale skin.
- Riley has good grades while Maya's are relatively worse.
- Riley is a good child, while Maya is a rebel.
- Riley has a brother, while Maya does not, not including the half-siblings.
- Riley has a stable family life, while Maya has a broken home.
- Riley tends to stick with the status quo, while Maya prefers to rebel.
- The Matthews are affluent, the Harts are less prosperous.
- Riley generally acts neurotic, while Maya is always displayed an easy confidence.
- Riley is more of an optimist, Maya is more of a pragmatist/realist.
- Riley has a twisted need to fix things, while Maya leaves things be.
- Maya is talented in art, Riley is not.
- Maya lives on a bottom floor apartment, while Riley lives in an upper floor apartment
Riley: Why did you ask him?
Maya: How long do you know me?
Riley: Where are you taking him?
Maya: You think I would hurt you.
Riley: What are you gonna wear?
Maya: You don't think I have a bigger plan?
Riley: Can I at least be your Maid of Honor?
Maya: Pretty good scam for a chump.
Riley: Well, I have the best possible bad influence, don't I?
Maya: So that's nice, that's nice. Your dad's at school. Your mom's at our hang-out. That's nice. That's nice.
Riley: You're laughing at me?
Maya: Inside I'm crying so hard.
Maya: Look at us, Riles. Two youn' independent woman making their own road. Taking their own way with their guts and their brains.
Riley: Auggie now.
Maya: I don't see where else we can go.
Riley: This is a thing.
Maya: Not a whole thing. We check back on this twice, tops.
Riley: You told me you wanted to be a veterinarian. You told me you gave birth to a horse.
Maya: That had to hurt.
Riley: We should sing our happy song.
Maya: We don't have a happy song.
Riley: We should have a happy song.
Maya: We will never have a happy song.
Riley: Not with that attitude.
Maya: Look, we don't know the story yet. Let's know the story before you go to Riley Town.
Riley: I'm not going to Riley Town. I'm calm.
Maya: I like you better when you're not calm.
Riley: You knew that?
Maya: Well, it would have been anything I said.
Riley: I will not stink up the integrity of our bay window with this ridiculous argument.
Maya: You come here and stink it up, right now.
Maya: All right, weirdos. Listen up and listen up good. I've got like a minute before he walks through the door.
Riley: Who's coming through the door, Maya?
Maya: Your Uncle Boing.
Riley: Oh, are we stopping?
Maya: I'm not stopping. I'm resting.
Riley: Oh, are we stopping?
Maya: I'm not as young as I used to be.
Riley: Someone had the idea to put me in a bag. Did you hear about that?
Maya: Really? Well, you know, there's some bad kids out there.
Riley: You know, Maya, you can borrow any of my clothes whenever you want.
Maya: Thanks. You can never touch any of this stuff.
Maya: Riley, stop me right now.
Riley: From what?
Maya: I can't like a teacher. I'm Maya.
Maya: All right. How many of you knocked off a fish? How many fish you all knocked off?
Riley: Et tu, Yogi?
Maya: No, he ate three.
Riley: Am I supposed to ask you now?
Maya: That would certainly keep this going, so...
Riley: Do you have any idea what you want to be when you grow up?
Maya: No. But, being a teacher might be cooler than I thought.
Maya: Riley, they're goldfish. We're kids. Kids are the natural enemy of goldfish and the natural meal ticket of Fish Store Phil who makes a fortune off of us.
Riley: How can he make a fortune, Maya? They cost a dollar each.
Maya: He sells them to every kid in every school in every class in the tri-state area. You do the math! 'cause you know me and math.
Maya: I like Rileytown, what's wrong with it?
Riley: Riley Matthews refused to drop the marble!
Maya: She's on a mission Farkle you can't stop her.
Riley: Your safe place is me.
Maya: And I'm yours.
Riley: From the day we met.
Maya: Where are we going?
Riley: To find you.
Maya: I had a brick in my hand.
Maya: Because someone went after you.
Maya: These two girls I used to know. I could have been them. Riley, I would have been them because they think a hammer and a brick is what makes them strong and as much as i wanted to throw a brick through a window i know that if i did that it would make me weak. I'm strong because there's something inside of me that stops me now. It knows how important you have been in my life and it'll never let me do any real damage as long as i live. That part inside of me, I'm going to call it Dorothy.
- Riley and Maya's friendship is based upon Cory and Shawn's, although they seem to be much more physically close, such as leaning on each other and sleeping in the same bed. They also have a tendency to call each other names such a sweetie/sweetheart, peaches, etc.
- Maya arrives at the bay window promptly at 7:00 a.m. to walk to school with Riley.
- They are the founders of the Matthews and Hart Umbrella Foundation they created for a project.
- They hosted the JQAMS morning announcements, but due to Riley's inability to speak properly on air (she introduces them as "Miley Flatshoes" and "Yama") Maya cannot stop laughing.
- They both met Farkle in the first grade.
- Maya has a crush on Riley's uncle, Joshua Matthews.
- Maya likes Riley better when she is not calm.
- Maya loves Riley's family.
- Maya sometimes has breakfast, dinner and/or lunch with her.
- Riley sometimes calls Maya "Peaches".
- Maya can take it when Riley lashes out at her, like when she had a bully.
- They are each other's safe place.
Note: Feel free to add Rilaya fanfics with their title, author, and URL embedded in the title.
- Kik // Rilaya by snowfairymagicx on Wattpad.
- Frostbites. /Rilaya/ by huckleberriespancake on Wattpad.
- Brighter // Rilaya by mcgees on Wattpad.
- Rilaya One Shots by KawaiiAmber on Wattpad.
- Fake Girlfriend by KawaiiAmber on Wattpad.
- We Go Together by anw12345 on Wattpad.
- What Are We Maya? by jacksonramonfan1 on Fanfiction.net
- Maya's Heart Break and Heart Renewal by jacksonramonfan1 on Fanfiction.net
| The image gallery for Maya and Riley may be viewed here.