|“||I like Maya. I'd choose Maya and I'd be happy with Maya.||”|
|“|| Lucas: I wanted to talk to you. Riley and Maya - you love them, right?|
Zay: Of course I do. How did you know?
- Zaya (Z/ay & M/aya) or (Za/y & Ma/ya) or (Zay & May/a)
- May (M/aya & Z/ay) or (Ma/ya) & Za/y)
- Zayaya (Zay & M/aya)
- Masaiah (Ma/ya & I/saiah) (credits to svorskisbakery on Tumblr)
- Isaiya (Isai/ah & Ma/ya) (credit to vinnersx)
- Mazay (Ma/ya and Zay)
- They sat next to each other during the car washing scene.
- They were both there when Lucas fought Joey.
- Maya asked Zay what Lucas really did at his old school.
- Zay stated "You're a tight group of friends, aren't ya?" where Maya replied "Yeah, we are."
- Zay asked Maya if she is mad at Lucas for calling her a short stack of pancakes.
- Zay laughed when he heard Maya call Lucas Huckleberry.
- He's curious as to why Lucas lets Maya call him annoying nicknames.
- In art class Zay asks Maya if they are going to dance. Maya looks at him and he walks away.
- Maya sings and Zay takes away her microphone and she tells the board that there is no more music.
- Zay tells Maya about what Lucas thinks of her. Afterwards, Maya has a intrigued look on her face.
- Maya pretends to be Zay's girlfriend in order to make his crush, Vanessa, jealous.
- Maya asks Zay to twirl her hair and call her "honey nugget".
- Maya also calls him "Hunkalicious".
- They are on the same side for achievement over Riley and Lucas.
- They have a certain handshake they do for victory.
- Zay says that he likes Maya and that Lucas should choose her.
Zay asks Maya on a date in fron of Josh.
- Zay sits beside Maya at Topanga's when each of them decides to find out more about their cultural background.
- Maya is beside Zay when they release the balloons into the sky.
Similarities and Differences
- They both are students at John Quincy Adams Middle School and Abigail Adams High School.
- They are both friends with Lucas, Riley, Farkle and Smackle.
- Zay is male while Maya is female.
- Zay has black hair while Maya has dirty blonde hair.
- Zay has brown eyes while Maya has blue eyes.
- Zay is African-American while Maya is Caucasian.
- Zay grew up in the country while Maya grew up in the city.
- Zay says that he and Lucas are really good friends and no other friends can compare, though Maya disagrees.
- Coincidentally, one of their ship names, Zaya, was used already for Zack Martin and Maya, from another Disney show, The Suite Life on Deck.
- Zay laughed when he heard Maya call Lucas 'Huckleberry'.
- Zay technically called Maya beautiful in Girl Meets Creativity, as he told Lucas that while he was hitting baseballs, he spent his time lifting beautiful girls. Then he asked Maya to dance with him.
- Maya technically called Zay a hunk in Girl Meets Texas (Part 2).
Zay: Your friend's a fountain
Maya: So between you and me, what did Ranger Rick really do?
Zay: Check out them grades. Here, let me sing 'em to you: D-D-D-D-D D-F!
Zay He called you a Short Stack of Pancakes and you're mad at him?
Maya: I'm not mad at him... I'm mad at her.
Zay: You're a tight group of friends, aren't ya?
Zay: And, uh, this is my friend, Maya.
Maya: You did not just do that!
Maya: You did not just introduce your girlfriend as your friend.
Zay: [laughs] What?
Maya: Isaiah Earl Babineaux -
Vanessa: Your middle name is Earl?
Maya: Next time you introduce your girlfriend as your friend, we are through. Do you hear me?
Zay: I mean, I hear you, but I-I..
Maya: Put your arm around me! Twirl my hair. Call me honey nugget.
Zay: Hi, honey nugget.
Maya: Hi, hunkalicious!
| The image gallery for Maya and Zay may be viewed here.