|“||You don't care about me. You only care about what's important to you.||”|
|“|| Riley: I've been a really good person my whole life. If you ground me the one time I do something that you don't like, where is my reward for doing something good on all the other days? [...]|
Topanga: You think you deserve a reward for being a good person..that we should celebrate your goodness. Would you like a parade? [...]
Riley: [to Cory] I think she knows that she's being unreasonable. And I think this is a very big moment for all of the kids in the world.
Topanga: I don't wanna see you right now.
—Riley and Topanga in "Girl Meets Her Monster"
|“|| Topanga: I love you, Riley.|
Riley: I love you, too.
—Topanga and Riley in "Girl Meets Her Monster"
- Ropanga (R/iley and T/opanga)
- Tiley (T/opanga and R/iley)
- Topanga encourages Riley and tells her she'll achieve much more on her next Spanish test.
- Topanga tells Riley that she's sorry she missed the hike and walks over to comfort her.
- Topanga lets Riley stay up a bit later than everyone else.
- Topanga gives Riley advice after she asks about their family history.
- Topanga tells Riley that she's the queen of cream cheese.
- Topanga tells Riley to be proud of where she comes from.
- Riley asks Topanga the importance behind being American.
- Riley tells Topanga that she's old enough to make her own decisions and that she has some entitlement for what she believes in.
- Riley and Topanga have a fight in this episode, but eventually make up in the end.
- Riley feels bad for disagreeing with Topanga and sees her point of view afterwards.
- Topanga helps Riley find Maya's Christmas spirit between her and Katy.
- Riley trusts her mom in making the right decision for the family and the future.
- Topanga decides to stay and turn down the job offer.
Similarities and differences
- They are both females.
- They have long brown hair.
- In Boy Meets World, Topanga began as an odd girl and in Girl Meets World, Riley began as an odd girl too.
- They are both devoted to friends and family.
- Topanga and Riley both are smart and try/tried their best in school.
- They tend to use "How ya doin'?" as an informal greeting.
- They both are very good looking.
- Topanga has green eyes, and her daughter has brown.
- Riley is prone to self-doubt, Topanga generally knew her own mind.
- Riley does not seem to have Topanga's competitive streak.
- Riley apparently lacks Topanga's ability to focus on things.
- Riley cares what other people think of her, Topanga generally does not.
- Riley is closer to Topanga than she is to Cory, as Topanga babies her a lot, whereas Cory doesn't.
- They are competing against the Minkuses for the most 'A' grades accumulated during school. As of the events of Girl Meets Maya's Mother, together they have earned 1,261 'A' grades.
- Also in Girl Meets Maya's Mother, Riley called Topanga Shakira, for the way she danced.
| The image gallery for Riley and Topanga may be viewed here.