Sheppard is an Australian indie pop band formed in Brisbane in 2009. Their debut studio album, Bombs Away, was released on 11 July 2014, and peaked at No. 2 on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association, while their second single, "Geronimo", spent three weeks at No. 1 on the ARIA Singles Chart and was certified 5× platinum.
At the ARIA Music Awards of 2013, Sheppard were nominated for Best Independent Release for "Let Me Down Easy". At the 2014 ceremony, they were nominated for Album of the Year, Best Group, Best Independent Release, Best Pop Release, Song of the Year, Producer of the Year, and Best Video.
They performed for Disney's Sounds of Summer event and in the episode "Girl Meets Semi-Formal".
- George Sheppard – lead vocals, keyboard, piano
- Amy Sheppard – lead vocals, harmonica
- Emma Sheppard– bass, backing vocals
- Michael Butler – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Jason Bovino – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Dean Gordon – drums, percussion
As a special thanks to the kids for their help in his successful campaign, Senator Eric Matthews uses his newfound connections to arrange to have "Kangarootown" band Sheppard play at the Semi-Formal Dance at John Quincy Adams Middle School. They perform their hit song, "Geronimo."
- Their appearance was part of Disney Channel's "Sounds of Summer," programming theme.
- They were the third real life performers to appear on GMW after Herbie Hancock and Jane Lynch.
| The image gallery for Sheppard may be viewed here.